RadioBanter

-   -   Hallicrafters S107 Dialcord (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/6113-hallicrafters-s107-dialcord.html)

Adrian April 23rd 04 01:22 PM

Hallicrafters S107 Dialcord

Folks
I have a sick S107 on the bench that needs both tuning dials
restringing. I suspect the main tuning drive is incorrectly strung at
the moment and the bandspread cord is missing.

The BAMA manual has no diagram. Does anyone have one they could email
me?
All help appreciated.
Thanks

Adrian

exray April 23rd 04 03:00 PM

Adrian wrote:

Folks
I have a sick S107 on the bench that needs both tuning dials
restringing. I suspect the main tuning drive is incorrectly strung at
the moment and the bandspread cord is missing.

The BAMA manual has no diagram. Does anyone have one they could email
me?
All help appreciated.
Thanks

Adrian

I restored an S-107 a while back and recall having the diagram. Maybe
it was in SAMS?
Whatever I had I must have sold along with the radio because I can't
seem to find it here now.
At any rate, I've got a photo of the inside of my set that shows a fair
amount of detail of the stringing. If you're unable to get the diagram
drop me a line and I'll send the photo. Better than nothing.

-Bill
exray at coqui.net

Adrian April 24th 04 01:18 PM

exray wrote in message ...
Adrian wrote:

Folks
I have a sick S107 on the bench that needs both tuning dials
restringing.

Strings strung - thanks to Dean K5DH, and Bill WX4A for info.

Adrian

Z.Z. April 24th 04 10:41 PM

If anyone else is interested in an S-107, I have one I'd be willing to
sell. The dial cords seem to be OK but it does need a little TLC in other
areas...