RadioBanter

-   -   Swan 1011 and Siltronix 1011B (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/6129-re-swan-1011-siltronix-1011b.html)

David Stinson April 25th 04 07:11 PM

Swan 1011 and Siltronix 1011B

WA3MOJ wrote:

Swan is the best radio ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for all the rest... heh heh...
My vote for best medium-price rigs goes to Drake.

BP April 25th 04 09:45 PM

Concerned Citizen wrote in
:

(I Am Not George) wrote in
m:

WA3MOJ wrote in message
Swan is the best radio ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In article , exray says...

hillbilly3302 wrote:

its a typical Swan 350.... needs wheels under it to keep up with
the drift.... been there, done that....

k5drc

All too often that is the mark of a "collectible". They sold
zillions of them becuase they were cheap so there is a lot of
nostalgia money to be found in the marketplace.
Swan 350 was an atrocious drifter by todays standards, well by 70's
standards too. People plonk down collector bux for junk rigs like
the National NCX-3, the Swan Cygnets 270/260 but that has no
correlation as to how good/bad the rig was. A $5000 A****er-Kent
breadboard set is hardly a stellar performer but i wouldn't sell it
for 10 bucks because that is what it is "worth" as a receiver.

-BM
.

this is not wa3moj this is a forge

I said that 8 minutes ago assblock!

Attaboy Geo, Show your sock-puppets who's boss. LMAO!

Road Warrior April 25th 04 09:47 PM

Concerned Citizen wrote:
I said that 8 minutes ago assblock!

What is it with you and rectums, freakshow?

mi-oldradios April 26th 04 01:02 AM

"David Stinson" wrote in message

WA3MOJ wrote:

Swan is the best radio ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for all the rest... heh heh...
My vote for best medium-price rigs goes to Drake.

Swan--the touchiest transmitter tuning but it does kick butt on SSB. Also
has the smooooothest tuning with that dual speed knob. As you can tell, I'm
a proud Swan 500CX SS16 owner.

WA3MOJ April 26th 04 01:44 PM

In article , mi-oldradios says...

"David Stinson" wrote in message
. ..

WA3MOJ wrote:

Swan is the best radio ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for all the rest... heh heh...
My vote for best medium-price rigs goes to Drake.

Swan--the touchiest transmitter tuning but it does kick butt on SSB. Also
has the smooooothest tuning with that dual speed knob. As you can tell, I'm
a proud Swan 500CX SS16 owner.

Nice rig.......I use my swan to drive my 16 pill.

BP April 26th 04 09:23 PM

(I Am Not George) wrote in
m:

WA3MOJ wrote:

Swan is the best radio ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for all the rest... heh heh...
My vote for best medium-price rigs goes to Drake.

Swan--the touchiest transmitter tuning but it does kick butt on SSB.
Also has the smooooothest tuning with that dual speed knob. As you
can tell, I'm a proud Swan 500CX SS16 owner.

Nice rig.......I use my swan to drive my 16 pill.

forge

::::: Alert The Media! ::::: :))

Steveo April 26th 04 11:10 PM

BP wrote:
(I Am Not George) wrote in
m:

WA3MOJ wrote:

Swan is the best radio ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for all the rest... heh heh...
My vote for best medium-price rigs goes to Drake.

Swan--the touchiest transmitter tuning but it does kick butt on SSB.
Also has the smooooothest tuning with that dual speed knob. As you
can tell, I'm a proud Swan 500CX SS16 owner.

Nice rig.......I use my swan to drive my 16 pill.

forge

::::: Alert The Media! ::::: :))

Thats quite a combination, a Swan 500CX SS16 and a sweet sixteen
pill. Is that why Swan put that SS16 in there? They were recommending
it should drive a sixteen pill?

Damn.

BP April 27th 04 12:30 AM

Steveo wrote in news:20040426181038.322
:

BP wrote:
(I Am Not George) wrote in
m:

WA3MOJ wrote:

Swan is the best radio ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for all the rest... heh heh...
My vote for best medium-price rigs goes to Drake.

Swan--the touchiest transmitter tuning but it does kick butt on

SSB.
Also has the smooooothest tuning with that dual speed knob. As you
can tell, I'm a proud Swan 500CX SS16 owner.

Nice rig.......I use my swan to drive my 16 pill.

forge

::::: Alert The Media! ::::: :))

Thats quite a combination, a Swan 500CX SS16 and a sweet sixteen
pill. Is that why Swan put that SS16 in there? They were recommending
it should drive a sixteen pill?

Damn.

Oh hell, swap out the 16 pill for something a little different? ..hehehe

http://www.antenna.it/for%20sale.htm