RadioBanter

-   -   Looking for some info on various Eddystone 1650 models (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/6139-looking-some-info-various-eddystone-1650-models.html)

Richard Lukes April 26th 04 06:23 PM

Looking for some info on various Eddystone 1650 models

Hello,

I am looking for some general info on the Eddystone 1650 receivers.
Specifically, I have an interest in the 1650/6 and 1650/7 models which
I own.

The model 1650/6 is intended for computer control and has only two
crystal filters installed (3kHz and 8kHz). It also has a 100kHz IF
output, however, I do not understand what this output was intended to
be used for. Was it for an external FSK demodulator?

Also, how does the 1650/7 model differ from the 1650/1, 1650/3,
1650/8, 1650/9 and 1650/10 models? Can someone shed some light on what
some of these numeric suffixes signify?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
--Richard Lukes (VE4AIV)
e-mail:

Airy R. Bean April 26th 04 06:24 PM

No sexy fly-wheel dial, then?

"Richard Lukes" wrote in message
m...

The model 1650/6 is intended for computer control

Scott Dorsey April 26th 04 06:24 PM

Richard Lukes wrote:

The model 1650/6 is intended for computer control and has only two
crystal filters installed (3kHz and 8kHz). It also has a 100kHz IF
output, however, I do not understand what this output was intended to
be used for. Was it for an external FSK demodulator?

Maybe. Or an external product detector or a panadaptor. IF outputs
are very useful for all kinds of things.
--scott

Jock April 26th 04 10:37 PM

On 26 Apr 2004 13:24:39 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

C'est quoi, un Nagra?

--

Jock. Class A+++

Mike Andrews April 26th 04 11:14 PM

Jock wrote:
On 26 Apr 2004 13:24:39 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

C'est quoi, un Nagra?

It's a brand of tape recorder that audiophiles who can't afford
Studer-brand equipment _dream_ of, and drool when they dream. Now,
of course, tape gear is sort-of moot, unless you're an audiophile.
Nagra has gone digital, and that stuff is way cool, too.

The Nagra DII and its predecessors have been pretty much _the_
standard for field recording for quite a long time.

Try
http://www.nagraaudio.com to see what I'm talking about, but put
on your bib first.

--
Why Windows NT Server 4.0 continues to exist in the enterprise
would be a topic appropriate for an investigative report in the

Airy R. Bean April 27th 04 07:52 AM

That's because stereo has two points!

Mono has only a single point.

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
As one who has never even been able to see the point of "stereo", I'll
take your word for it.

Jock April 27th 04 11:15 AM

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:14:51 +0000 (UTC), (Mike Andrews) wrote:

Jock wrote:
On 26 Apr 2004 13:24:39 -0400,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

C'est quoi, un Nagra?

It's a brand of tape recorder that audiophiles who can't afford
Studer-brand equipment _dream_ of, and drool when they dream. Now,
of course, tape gear is sort-of moot, unless you're an audiophile.

Audiophiles: people who buy outrageously expensive multiple
parallel cables to connect their outrageously expensive hi-fi
gear to their outrageously expensive speakers.

--

Jock. Class A+++

Mike Andrews April 27th 04 03:21 PM

Jock wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:14:51 +0000 (UTC), (Mike Andrews) wrote:

Jock wrote:
On 26 Apr 2004 13:24:39 -0400,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

C'est quoi, un Nagra?

It's a brand of tape recorder that audiophiles who can't afford
Studer-brand equipment _dream_ of, and drool when they dream. Now,
of course, tape gear is sort-of moot, unless you're an audiophile.

Audiophiles: people who buy outrageously expensive multiple
parallel cables to connect their outrageously expensive hi-fi
gear to their outrageously expensive speakers.

P'raps. But sometimes it's the guy who produces a PRI radio show out
of his living room, like I did for almost 9 years, and/or makes
recordings of various performances as part of his income. I've done a
lot of that, too.

Either way, one needs broadcast-quality gear to make broadcast-
quality recordings. And I'm addicted to precision instruments anyway:
microscopes, survey equipment, big telescopes ... .

--
" ... a language is just an dialect with an army and a navy."
-- Paul Tomblin, in a.s.r.

Scott Dorsey April 27th 04 06:40 PM

In article ,
Jock wrote:
On 26 Apr 2004 13:24:39 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

C'est quoi, un Nagra?

Une magnetophone.
www.nagra.com.
--scott

Jock April 27th 04 06:57 PM

On 27 Apr 2004 13:40:48 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

In article ,
Jock wrote:
On 26 Apr 2004 13:24:39 -0400,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

C'est quoi, un Nagra?

Une magnetophone.
www.nagra.com.

J'en ai quatre - magnétophones Ã* cassettes. :o)

--

Jock.
Genuine Class A.