RadioBanter

-   -   WTB: 6000 Tube (2) or source? (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/6525-wtb-6000-tube-2-source.html)

K3HVG June 21st 04 01:07 AM

WTB: 6000 Tube (2) or source?

I need a couple of type 6000 tubes for my T-368 or a source for same.
Buy or perhaps can trade for used-but-good 4-125's.
Thanks de K3HVG

Edward Knobloch June 22nd 04 02:20 PM

K3HVG wrote:
I need a couple of type 6000 tubes for my T-368 or a source for same.
Buy or perhaps can trade for used-but-good 4-125's.
Thanks de K3HVG

Antique Electronics lists them for $34.80 each. (ouch)

I found that some new type 6000 tubes will show up as bad
in my TV-7B/U tube tester,
due to oscillating in the tube tester circuit.
The TV-7D/U has more ferrite beads on the tube sockets,
and is supposed to be better in that regard.

I've heard that you can substitute a 6AU5 tube for the type 6000,
after changing heater voltage. The 6AU5 has a bit less
plate dissipation, but is a common and cheap TV tube.

73,
Ed Knobloch K4PF