RadioBanter

-   -   Free: HP1743A scope "for parts" (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/6540-free-hp1743a-scope-%22-parts%22.html)

Tom Bruhns June 23rd 04 07:35 AM

Free: HP1743A scope "for parts"

Free...HP1743A scope. The tube died. (The magic vacuum escaped!) It
is possible to get replacement tubes, last time I checked. The scope
was working well up till the tube died. Pick up in the
Seattle/Everett area, or I'll ship for actual shipping cost plus $10
packing fee.

Cheers,
Tom

Paul Burridge June 23rd 04 10:50 AM

On 22 Jun 2004 23:35:05 -0700, (Tom Bruhns) wrote:

Free...HP1743A scope. The tube died. (The magic vacuum escaped!) It
is possible to get replacement tubes, last time I checked. The scope
was working well up till the tube died. Pick up in the
Seattle/Everett area, or I'll ship for actual shipping cost plus $10
packing fee.

Just out of curiosity, what's the B/W on that one, Tom?
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

Tom Bruhns June 23rd 04 06:10 PM

Paul Burridge wrote in message . ..
On 22 Jun 2004 23:35:05 -0700, (Tom Bruhns) wrote:

Free...HP1743A scope. ...

Just out of curiosity, what's the B/W on that one, Tom?

100MHz; it has a nice readout of the delay for measuring things like
pulse width and repitition rate.

Paul Burridge June 24th 04 12:18 PM

On 23 Jun 2004 10:10:41 -0700, (Tom Bruhns) wrote:

Paul Burridge wrote in message . ..
On 22 Jun 2004 23:35:05 -0700,
(Tom Bruhns) wrote:

Free...HP1743A scope. ...

Just out of curiosity, what's the B/W on that one, Tom?

100MHz; it has a nice readout of the delay for measuring things like
pulse width and repitition rate.

Bugger. Sounds ideal for my harmonic generation experiments. Pity
you're in the States. I guess the shipping would be a bit steep.
Whatever you do, though, Tom; don't throw it away! I rescue old scopes
on this side of the pond and might swallow the shipping fee rather
than see it end up in a dumpster (always a tragedy). How much does it
weigh?
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

Tom Bruhns June 24th 04 09:22 PM

Scope is spoken for by someone nearby who has a working one. That's
an appropriate use of this scope since the tube is fairly expensive.

Cheers,
Tom

who will undoubtedly have some more goodies for free soon. Stay
tuned.

Paul Burridge wrote in message . ..
On 23 Jun 2004 10:10:41 -0700, (Tom Bruhns) wrote:

Paul Burridge wrote in message . ..
On 22 Jun 2004 23:35:05 -0700,

Free...HP1743A scope. ...

Paul Burridge June 24th 04 11:50 PM

On 24 Jun 2004 13:22:28 -0700, (Tom Bruhns) wrote:

Scope is spoken for by someone nearby who has a working one. That's
an appropriate use of this scope since the tube is fairly expensive.

Fair enough, Tom. You've done me a favor, really. I can't justify any
more clutter and am actually striving (not very convincingly) to clear
some much-needed space!

p.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.