RadioBanter

-   -   FT 101E receive problems (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/65857-ft-101e-receive-problems.html)

[email protected] March 3rd 05 10:49 AM

FT 101E receive problems

My FT 101E has developed a slight attenuate problem, but only after
keying up, in other words I turn the radio on the receive is nice and
strong and will be fine until I hit the key, once Im done keying up the
receive goes down about 3-5 db, signals that were 7-9 are now 3-5 and
the only way to get it back up again is by shutting the rig off and
back on again.

Comments and help appreciated, thanks

Gil n2wjw

Bill M March 3rd 05 12:26 PM

wrote:

My FT 101E has developed a slight attenuate problem, but only after
keying up, in other words I turn the radio on the receive is nice and
strong and will be fine until I hit the key, once Im done keying up the
receive goes down about 3-5 db, signals that were 7-9 are now 3-5 and
the only way to get it back up again is by shutting the rig off and
back on again.

Comments and help appreciated, thanks

Gil n2wjw

Relay contacts?

-Bill

Theo March 3rd 05 07:21 PM

"Bill M" wrote in message

Relay contacts?

-Bill

I can certainly second that - it is a classic symptom of badly worn relay
contacts on the FT101.
Don't attempt cleaning - replacement is the only permanent cure.
Since the relays are no longer stocked an actual direct replacement
is going to be tricky.
Although the pin configurations are same as other more common relays,
on the Japanese relay the middle row of pins are juxtaposed in pairs, so
before you fit a new relay you will need to swap over the wires on each pair
of middle pins on the relay base.
But check both the relay pinouts first!

Theo