RadioBanter

-   -   WTB: HQ-140-X KNOB (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/69360-wtb-hq-140-x-knob.html)

CSFD April 21st 05 01:19 AM

WTB: HQ-140-X KNOB

Help!
I need the "crystal selectivity" knob off a Hammurlund HQ-140-X receiver.
It is located on the front face panel on the lower left side of the
receiver.
Any help would be appreciated in locating this black knob!

[email protected] April 21st 05 01:28 AM

Original HQ-140X knobs are dark brown.

Les

[email protected] April 21st 05 01:29 AM

The original Hammarlund HQ-140X knobs are brown.

Les

Biz Wichy April 21st 05 02:18 AM

in article ,
at wrote on 4/20/05 7:29 PM:

The original Hammarlund HQ-140X knobs are brown.

Les

I have seen some later X's with black knobs so I betting 'ol Oscar
Hammarlund let a few out of the factory that way. HQ-140X has the butt ugly
round meter.

Original later model Hammarlund "HQ-140-XA" knobs ARE black. It matches the
black square "S" meter.

Either way, that fluted knob will be a bugger to find...

-Biz

Carl WA1KPD April 21st 05 02:52 AM

Hammarlund let a few out of the factory that way. HQ-140X has the butt
ugly
round meter.

WHAT..... I love that meter. I would trade it for one of the plastic square
ones they put in later. Butt ugly indeed.
Please send all HQ-140Xs with that meter my way and I will save you the pain
of looking at that meter....

"Butt ugly indeed" he mumbled as he walked away.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

"Biz Wichy" wrote in message