RadioBanter

-   -   Question about Dow-Key DKC-TRM-1 (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/7125-question-about-dow-key-dkc-trm-1-a.html)

K5DH October 20th 04 01:38 AM

Question about Dow-Key DKC-TRM-1

I picked up a Dow-Key DKC-TRM-1 tube-type T/R switch. All of them that I've
seen before use a 6EH5 tube. This one has a 6CB6 installed. I have no idea
if it works or not. My question: Does my unit have the wrong tube installed,
or did Dow-Key use more than one type of tube in this model?

73,
Dean K5DH

w9gb October 20th 04 11:27 PM

"K5DH" wrote in message
I picked up a Dow-Key DKC-TRM-1 tube-type T/R switch. All of them that
I've
seen before use a 6EH5 tube. This one has a 6CB6 installed. I have no
idea
if it works or not. My question: Does my unit have the wrong tube
installed,
or did Dow-Key use more than one type of tube in this model?

73,
Dean K5DH

Dean -

The standard tube for the "stock" Dow-Key DKC-TRM-1 switch is indeed a 6EH5
http://www.n4mw.com/gdowkey.htm

The 6CB6 may have been a substitute by a former user/owner.
I have also seen a 6AK5 in some used units.

w9gb

w9gb October 20th 04 11:30 PM

"K5DH" wrote in message
I picked up a Dow-Key DKC-TRM-1 tube-type T/R switch. All of them that
I've
seen before use a 6EH5 tube. This one has a 6CB6 installed. I have no
idea
if it works or not. My question: Does my unit have the wrong tube
installed,
or did Dow-Key use more than one type of tube in this model?

73,
Dean K5DH

IF you plan to use or test this unit, it requires external power ~ 120VDC
(usually provided by a tube transmitter through external accessories socket)
and 6 VAC (tube filament). It should be connected as close to the
transmitter as possible.

w9gb