RadioBanter

-   -   SOS-Parts source for old Ohmite Variac (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/72368-sos-parts-source-old-ohmite-variac.html)

Smokey June 7th 05 12:46 AM

SOS-Parts source for old Ohmite Variac

Does anyone know of any sources where I might obtain brushes for an old
Ohmite Variac (autotransformer)? Ohmite quit making them 5 to 10 years ago
and, as with anything manufactured anymore...if it's older than a week or
so, the manufacturer drops parts support.

I have been cautioned against using brushes made for electric motors so I'd
appreciate anyone with a source for these kinds of brushes.

Thanks!

Smokey W9STB
All CW - All vintage