RadioBanter

-   -   Utah Radio Products Co. equipment info (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/78110-utah-radio-products-co-equipment-info.html)

[email protected] September 12th 05 03:46 PM

Utah Radio Products Co. equipment info

I have 3 pieces of ham gear that I can't find any info on. Utah UA5,
UAT4 and UAT1. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to info
on these units. Pre WW11 is all I know. Most have Taylor tubes in
them.

Thanks in advance, Todd

jm September 13th 05 03:46 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have 3 pieces of ham gear that I can't find any info on. Utah UA5,
UAT4 and UAT1. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to info
on these units. Pre WW11 is all I know. Most have Taylor tubes in
them.

Thanks in advance, Todd

Speaking of which, I have a Utah Radio Products Speaker - NOS - albeit the
box is rather worn from age - for sale. $5 plus shipping It is like a 4x 8,
unsure of impedance at moment. Looks ok in condition

COLIN LAMB September 13th 05 06:34 AM

This is a guess, but Utah sold a "Add-A-Unit" set of assemblies in 1937.

The 500 watt transmitter was made of kit 1, 3 and 4. Kit 1 was the exciter
with 3 x 6L6 tubes and a rectifier. Kit 3 was an antenna coupling unit.
Kit 2 was the modulator with P-P 6L6 tubes. Kit 4 was the PA deck with push
pull Taylor T-55 final tubes and a pair of 866 tubes.

It was designed for a 1/2 rack.

If that is it, it is pretty rare.

73, Colin K7FM

[email protected] September 14th 05 11:33 AM

That looks like what I have. I have a National antenna tuner instead of
the Kit 3. It must be rare or junk because I just cant find any
additional info on these unit. Any other insight would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, Todd