RadioBanter

-   -   If You Don't Think BPL is Serious: (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/79034-if-you-dont-think-bpl-serious.html)

David Stinson October 2nd 05 02:51 AM

If You Don't Think BPL is Serious:

Think again. Here's the news release on Google's
plan to BPL all of San Fransisco, as a "test bed" for
the rest of the nation. They don't mention BPL, but that's
what they're using. They have the money.
It will be done.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051002/D8CVIHNG0.html

Bill October 2nd 05 03:49 AM

David Stinson wrote:

Think again. Here's the news release on Google's
plan to BPL all of San Fransisco, as a "test bed" for
the rest of the nation. They don't mention BPL, but that's
what they're using. They have the money.
It will be done.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051002/D8CVIHNG0.html

Here's the industry website of The Devil himself....

http://www.uplc.org/

Twaddle October 2nd 05 02:58 PM

Coming to a power pole near you .

http://www.uplc.utc.org/file_depot/0...ap+updated.pdf

Bob Miller October 2nd 05 06:47 PM

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 01:51:04 GMT, David Stinson
wrote:

Think again. Here's the news release on Google's
plan to BPL all of San Fransisco, as a "test bed" for
the rest of the nation. They don't mention BPL, but that's
what they're using. They have the money.
It will be done.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051002/D8CVIHNG0.html

Google is talking about "wi-fi" for all of San Francisco.

There's a separate mention of an undisclosed Google stake in a startup
BPL company.

Wi-fi, as I understand it, is not BPL. I'm no expert in this stuff,
but what's your point?

bob
k5qwg

David Stinson October 2nd 05 08:55 PM

Bob Miller wrote:

Wi-fi, as I understand it, is not BPL. I'm no expert in this stuff,
but what's your point?

The one that, if I comb my hair right, it doesn't show.

John L. Sielke October 2nd 05 09:27 PM

David Stinson wrote:
Think again. Here's the news release on Google's
plan to BPL all of San Fransisco, as a "test bed" for
the rest of the nation. They don't mention BPL, but that's
what they're using. They have the money.
It will be done.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051002/D8CVIHNG0.html

Wonderful! Just so all those fruits can get their kiddy porn at high
speed. Time for another earthquake!

Bob Miller October 3rd 05 02:28 AM

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 19:55:54 GMT, David Stinson
wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:

Wi-fi, as I understand it, is not BPL. I'm no expert in this stuff,
but what's your point?

The one that, if I comb my hair right, it doesn't show.

But if you grow an orange, it's hard to harvest an apple.

bob
k5qwg

[email protected] October 3rd 05 04:55 AM

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 16:27:30 -0400, "John L. Sielke"
wrote:

David Stinson wrote:
Think again. Here's the news release on Google's
plan to BPL all of San Fransisco, as a "test bed" for
the rest of the nation. They don't mention BPL, but that's
what they're using. They have the money.
It will be done.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051002/D8CVIHNG0.html

Wonderful! Just so all those fruits can get their kiddy porn at high
speed. Time for another earthquake!

Time for another hurricane to knock out you Anita Bryant
ass-kissers.

David Stinson October 3rd 05 01:00 PM

Bob Miller wrote:

But if you grow an orange, it's hard to harvest an apple.

I think these BPL guys are growing a turkey,
but they're still going to do it
and play hell with us as they do.
Uncle Sam wants it, he makes-up the rules
as he goes along ("rule of law" my foot)
and that's the end of it.
It has been written.
It shall be done.
Better get ready.

David Stinson October 3rd 05 01:03 PM

wrote:

Time for another hurricane to knock out you Anita Bryant
ass-kissers.

Well, we know not to drop the soap around him...