RadioBanter

-   -   Who Is The Current Owner Of My Viking Ranger I ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/80391-who-current-owner-my-viking-ranger-i.html)

John October 22nd 05 10:05 PM

Who Is The Current Owner Of My Viking Ranger I ?

The VFO cover has three callsigns written in pencil for identification. Two
callsigns are similar. the transmitter has a unique history and was
featured on an interesting 1950's QST photo cover---it was originally owned
by noted DX'er. It was factory built. I sold it at a Hamfest in 1971 or
1972. Just interested in knowing who the current owner is.

Best regards

Ron in Radio Heaven October 23rd 05 02:26 AM

Who Is The Current Owner Of My Viking Ranger I ?

You are the current owner of everything you own.

Like wow man, that's really deep...

Beerbelly October 23rd 05 02:32 AM

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:05:02 GMT, "John" wrote:

The VFO cover has three callsigns written in pencil for identification. Two
callsigns are similar. the transmitter has a unique history and was
featured on an interesting 1950's QST photo cover---it was originally owned
by noted DX'er. It was factory built. I sold it at a Hamfest in 1971 or
1972. Just interested in knowing who the current owner is.

Best regards

I knew I shoud not have erased those calls!

COLIN LAMB October 23rd 05 11:57 AM

Who Is The Current Owner Of My Viking Ranger I ?

Was it in mint condition?

John October 23rd 05 01:01 PM

Who Is The Current Owner Of My Viking Ranger I ?

COLIN LAMB wrote in message
k.net...
Was it in mint condition?

Actually, I would rate it as used, good condition when I had it. The
insulation on the wires was flaking off and some of the coppper conductors
showed corrosion. The 11-meter band was not calibrated and the carbon
voltage dropping resistors for the differential keying circuit all burned up
in a mini-fire---they were replaced with larger wattage wire-wound
components. That's how I remember it after about 35 years.

It's probably rusting away under tons of garbarge after it was parted-out
and dumped on the street corner waiting for 'pickup'---when solidstate
became the fashion.. However, if it's still out there I'd like to pass it's
history along. Personally, I don't have time to play retro-radio. I'll
stay on the newsgroup for a couple of weeks hoping for an answer then
unsubscribe---the owner can contact me---one callsign is still good in the
callbook. Bye...

[email protected] October 23rd 05 06:44 PM

Who Is The Current Owner Of My Viking Ranger I ?

We really need a universal boatanchor registry. Other people on other
newsgroups have called me names for suggesting, but I think would be
good idea.

73
NEO