RadioBanter

-   -   Eldico (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/81665-eldico.html)

[email protected] November 9th 05 02:46 PM

Eldico

I am looking for a set of Eldico twins. Rec. R-104 / Xmtr.T-102 They
were supposedly Collins clones. Many were used in MARS stations..Any
help appreciated.Thanks W4PQW

rayindesmoines November 10th 05 04:44 AM

Eldico

I don't know the whereabouts of any but do remember them in the Air
Force MARS stations in the Viet Nam Era. As a communications officer,
one of my additional duties was directing the MARS station. I was told

that USAF originally purchased them for SAC and they never performed up

to the Collins standards, so they were phased out and put to use in the

MARS stations and ROTC. We had a lot of trouble with them there too
and eventually were able to get some KWM2-As.

-=H=- November 11th 05 01:17 PM

Eldico

Harold,

I just saw an Eldico receiver on eBay this week.
I dunno if it's still going or not.

73,
Dean K5DH (the Raytheon guy)

In article .com,
says...

Port November 11th 05 10:33 PM

Eldico

--

I just saw a complete station including the accessories for sale at the Stone Mountain Hamfest and Computer Expo and Georgia State Convention in Lawrenceville last weekend.
http://www.totr-radio.org/04hamfest/index.html

I'll be ..., I can remember who had it...
Maybe you could contact the club and someone there will know the person. ( I don't think it sold)

pb