RadioBanter

-   -   Mic wiring for FT-101e (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/82029-mic-wiring-ft-101e.html)

gil November 15th 05 08:20 PM

Mic wiring for FT-101e

My FT 101e has never worked with a mic (works good on CW) since I got
it a while back, took it appart today only to find the wiring to the
mic jack has been messed around with (not sure why) and I also think
there should be a cap between the hot mic wire and ground, after trying
different vaues I tried .01 uf and with an amplified D-104 it seems to
work good,
is that the proper value?
where does the hot and ground get connected?
and....would the FT-101e work better with a lo-Z or hi-Z mic?

I would appreciate the help...thanks, Gil n2wjw