Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 5th 05, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
William Mutch

Default curing chirp ??

The anonymous homebrew xmtr I picked up at the AWA meet last
spring has finally make its first QSO, heard 589 in Texas by KE5HQ on 40
CW, but he reports what I sort of knew anyway...the rig has a chirp. The
oscillator is an electron coupled 12BY7, crystal controlled. What are
the cures for chirp ?? Slightly detune the buffer ?? add caps to the
power supply. Trying the easiest things first, how should I proceed ??