RadioBanter

-   -   F.A. ICOM IC-21A (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/84300-f-icom-ic-21a.html)

Dale Parfitt December 14th 05 06:45 PM

F.A. ICOM IC-21A

It's hard for me to think of Icom as being a BA, but this qualifies, given
its age. This was back when Icom made pretty radios. A 2M FM rig with both S
meter and separate discriminator meter, beuatiful red/green/blue/white
backlighting.

Tnx,

Dale W4OP

gb December 14th 05 07:06 PM

F.A. ICOM IC-21A

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message
It's hard for me to think of Icom as being a BA, but this qualifies, given
its age. This was back when Icom made pretty radios. A 2M FM rig with both
S meter and separate discriminator meter, beuatiful red/green/blue/white
backlighting.

Tnx,

Dale W4OP

Yes, I saw this auction. Sad, I remember when it and the Kenwood R-599 were
new !!

Greg
w9gb

Dale Parfitt December 15th 05 01:48 AM

F.A. ICOM IC-21A

"gb" wrote in message
"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message
It's hard for me to think of Icom as being a BA, but this qualifies,
given its age. This was back when Icom made pretty radios. A 2M FM rig
with both S meter and separate discriminator meter, beuatiful
red/green/blue/white backlighting.

Tnx,

Dale W4OP

Yes, I saw this auction. Sad, I remember when it and the Kenwood R-599
were new !!

Greg
w9gb
And many more Greg. The sad part about today's rigs is that they will die a
quick death as manufacturers deplete their supplies of custom IC's and
preprogrammed memories.

My keepr IC-21A gets daily use- fabulous audio and almost as much fun to
look at as the 2B/R-4C etc.

Dale W4OP