RadioBanter

-   -   Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000 (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/86402-radio-mart-sx-100-tops-%241-000-a.html)

IonSpot January 14th 06 07:10 PM

Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000

Not bad for just replacing a couple of tubes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLICRAFTERS-SX...cmdZ ViewItem

W2AGN January 14th 06 07:15 PM

Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000

IonSpot wrote:
Not bad for just replacing a couple of tubes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLICRAFTERS-SX...cmdZ ViewItem

From an outfit with 101 negative feedbacks? No way!

Chas January 15th 06 02:42 PM

Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000

I'd love to know how many times "gottahaveit" bid on this, unfortunately,
with the Private Sales, we'll never know about how much Martyn has been
shill bidding on his own sales.

"W2AGN" wrote in message
IonSpot wrote:
Not bad for just replacing a couple of tubes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLICRAFTERS-SX...cmdZ ViewItem

From an outfit with 101 negative feedbacks? No way!

Antonio Vernucci January 15th 06 08:08 PM

Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000

I'd love to know how many times "gottahaveit" bid on this, unfortunately,
with the Private Sales, we'll never know about how much Martyn has been
shill bidding on his own sales.

Is the SX-100 a particularly valuable piece of equipment? For instance is it more valuable than an SX101?
Thanks

Tony I0JX

de Mac January 15th 06 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chas

"W2AGN" wrote in message
IonSpot wrote:
Not bad for just replacing a couple of tubes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLICRAFTERS-SX...cmdZ ViewItem
From an outfit with 101 negative feedbacks? No way!

there is a sucker born every min. P T Barnum

- exray - January 15th 06 09:34 PM

Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000

Antonio Vernucci wrote:

Is the SX-100 a particularly valuable piece of equipment? For instance is it more valuable than an SX101?
Thanks

Tony I0JX

Nope.

-Bill

Bob Miller January 15th 06 10:20 PM

Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:08:28 +0100, "Antonio Vernucci"
wrote:

I'd love to know how many times "gottahaveit" bid on this, unfortunately,
with the Private Sales, we'll never know about how much Martyn has been
shill bidding on his own sales.

Is the SX-100 a particularly valuable piece of equipment? For instance is it more valuable than an SX101?
Thanks

Tony I0JX

Not really. The sx100 was a general coverage receiver, sold for $295.
The sx101 was ham bands only and sold for $395 in the late 1950s.

By comparison, the hallowed sx88, in production in the mid-1950s, sold
for $595.

bob
k5qwg

:\) January 15th 06 11:41 PM

Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000

"IonSpot" wrote in message
Not bad for just replacing a couple of tubes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLICRAFTERS-SX...cmdZ ViewItem

$1,475.00 now

Bob Miller January 16th 06 01:24 AM

Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:41:55 -0600, ":\)" wrote:

"IonSpot" wrote in message
Not bad for just replacing a couple of tubes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLICRAFTERS-SX...cmdZ ViewItem

$1,475.00 now

and the unbuilt heathkit is stil under $500...

bob
k5qwg

Uncle Peter January 16th 06 01:35 AM

Radio-Mart SX-100 Tops $1,000

":)" wrote in message ...

"IonSpot" wrote in message
Not bad for just replacing a couple of tubes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLICRAFTERS-SX..._W0QQitemZ5851
707644QQcategoryZ4673QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$1,475.00 now

The price doesn't bother me as much as not being to see who'd I be
bidding against.

Pete