RadioBanter

-   -   TS-940 RF band pass filter alignment (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/89611-ts-940-rf-band-pass-filter-alignment.html)

CP February 28th 06 11:22 AM

TS-940 RF band pass filter alignment

It's not quite a "real" BA but it is heavy.
I know for a fact that my radio's upper two band pass filters covering
14 MHz and up were didled by the previous owner. The 14-25 MHz
sensitivity is noticeably lower than other portions of the spectrum,
so since I had the radio apart for another reason, I thought I'd give
this a go. I've been living with this for about 3 years now so now is
the time. Reading the alignment procedure in the service manual is
near useless as to which coils effect what. I've verified my
misalingment with a spectrum analyzer and sweep generator combo.
Does anyone have some insight they could share on aligning this
portion of the TS-940?
Thanks
Bob
KB8TL AT YAHOO DOT COM