RadioBanter

-   -   Drake radio repair in Oregon? (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/90001-drake-radio-repair-oregon.html)

CB March 6th 06 12:03 AM

Drake radio repair in Oregon?

Hello All,

I once heard there was a ham in Tigard that could repair the old
Drakes. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

Meanwhile, I have an R-4C whose PTO is drifting around, I'd say +/-
..5KHz while listening to CW. Of course I can use the TX-4C's PTO, but I
can't work split. :) If someone has some quick checks to help me narrow
the problem I'd appreciate it. Both rigs were not long ago gone through
by John Kriner, btw, but the PTO problem cropped up after only several
hours of operating.

tnx es 73,

NA7U

[email protected] March 6th 06 04:39 PM

Drake radio repair in Oregon?

Yes, I do, but I don't have an address or phone or call sign. His name
is Joe Borsch. At one time he owned Portland Radio, I think. Great guy!
Do a Google search or search on EHAM web site. I think I saw a few
posts about him there.

Good luck!
Paul, KD7HB

CB March 6th 06 05:45 PM

Drake radio repair in Oregon?

Thanks Paul. Found an address and phone no. 73, Casey

N9NEO March 11th 06 02:17 AM

Drake radio repair in Oregon?

I don't know if the factory still supports the older gear. I just sent
in an R8B and was very happy with the work & price and so forth.

COLIN LAMB March 11th 06 01:35 PM

Drake radio repair in Oregon?

I vaguely recall the factory does not service anything older than the R8
series.

K7FM