Old March 23rd 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Good news if you ship via UPS and........

Only if you use the UPS Store for the packing of the item. It seems
that if the UPS Store does the packing, they indicate it on the
shipping information that is supplied to UPS. That way, if there is a
claim filed for damaged goods, UPS already has documentation showing
that the packing job was done within their specifications. This will
surely allow for quicker claims processing and less hassle for the
shipper/receiver. They are reasonable with their packing rates too. I
have used them for over a year now and had things shipped as far away
as Australia with no problems so far.
rgds,
Mark S.

Old March 24th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Jerry

wrote in message
oups.com...
Only if you use the UPS Store for the packing of the item. It seems
that if the UPS Store does the packing, they indicate it on the
shipping information that is supplied to UPS. That way, if there is a
claim filed for damaged goods, UPS already has documentation showing
that the packing job was done within their specifications. This will
surely allow for quicker claims processing and less hassle for the
shipper/receiver. They are reasonable with their packing rates too. I
have used them for over a year now and had things shipped as far away
as Australia with no problems so far.
rgds,
Mark S.

UPS will lose or bust a CINDER BLOCK. I recieved an item today. Typical UPS,
the package was ripped open and it's a wonder the material was inside or
wasn't ruined/lost! I WON'T ship UPS.

73

Jerry

Old March 24th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Roger D Johnson

Jerry wrote:

UPS will lose or bust a CINDER BLOCK. I recieved an item today. Typical UPS,
the package was ripped open and it's a wonder the material was inside or
wasn't ruined/lost! I WON'T ship UPS.

73

Jerry

I keep running across folks using the term "cinder block" when they
mean "concrete block". I vaguely remember cinder blocks and wonder
how many others have actually seen a real one.

73, Roger

--
Remove tilde (~) to reply

Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)
http://ussliberty.org/
Old March 24th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Martin Potter

Roger D Johnson ) writes:

I keep running across folks using the term "cinder block" when they
mean "concrete block". I vaguely remember cinder blocks and wonder
how many others have actually seen a real one.

As I recall, cinder blocks were black or very dark grey. And I don't
think they were as strong as concrete blocks.

.... Martin VE3OAT

Old March 24th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael A. Terrell

Martin Potter wrote:

Roger D Johnson ) writes:

I keep running across folks using the term "cinder block" when they
mean "concrete block". I vaguely remember cinder blocks and wonder
how many others have actually seen a real one.

As I recall, cinder blocks were black or very dark grey. And I don't
think they were as strong as concrete blocks.

... Martin VE3OAT

They had a tendency to explode if you put too much weight on them. I
put a half cinder block under a bumper jack to lift the corner of a '66
GTO and it threw shrapnel over 20 feet when it let go.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida