RadioBanter

-   -   Drake 2NT with HG10Heath VFO Info needed (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/91767-drake-2nt-hg10heath-vfo-info-needed.html)

[email protected] March 31st 06 09:16 PM

Drake 2NT with HG10Heath VFO Info needed

I am trying to hook uo a Drake 2NT with a Heath HG10 VFO. I am using an
outboard power supply on the vfo. I am getting hum and chirp on the
signal. I have hooked the vfo up both for cathode keying and grid block
but same results ie hum/ chirp. Anyone running this same combo? Any
suggestions appreciated. Thanks-Lew K1NDV

Arlon Nelson March 31st 06 11:13 PM

Drake 2NT with HG10Heath VFO Info needed

Go to the following location there is the complete directions on tying
the two together.

http://www.zerobeat.net/drakelist/2nt-hg10.html

73
Nels W0TUP

Uncle Peter April 2nd 06 06:50 PM

Drake 2NT with HG10Heath VFO Info needed

The hum may be a local problem only, and not radiated.
Have you had a local ham listen to verify that the hum
is present? A nearby receiver may hear "hum" that is
caused by RF being carried on the AC line.

The chirp could be caused by poor supply regulation,
or it could be related to the transmitter. Does the
chirp exist when the VFO is run barefoot, without the
transmitter?

Pete