RadioBanter

-   -   Info Needed (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/93097-info-needed.html)

Dale April 19th 06 08:54 AM

Info Needed

Hi,
I have an old Signal Corps receiver- a BC-197. The serial number is 20.
I can't find anything on the web about this, except that it was part (or all)
of SCR-243. I'm just curious if anybody has any more info about it. There
couldn't have been too many of them, unless I happened upon a real early
one. Power supply info would be greatly appreciated too.

Also, I have a Collins 310B-1 which I'd love to use, but it drifts too much,
even after warm up. I replaced the entire PTO, with no effect. I've also
replaced the VR tube(s), also with no effect. I don't suppose anybody here
has had similar experiences and found a cure?

Thanks,
Dale
KJ7SL

Sorry about asking about such obscure stuff :)