RadioBanter

-   -   Help with straightening metal radio case (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/96217-help-straightening-metal-radio-case.html)

Ed June 9th 06 07:01 AM

Help with straightening metal radio case

I have a metal radio case with a slight dent or bend on one corner of the
case. I have posted photos at
alt.binaries.pictures.radio Could I have some suggestions on the best way to
straighten it or some links to sites for same? I may or may not repaint the
case depending on what straightening does to the paint job.
Thanks,
Ed-KV5I

Michael A. Terrell June 9th 06 05:05 PM

Ed wrote:

I have a metal radio case with a slight dent or bend on one corner of the
case. I have posted photos at
alt.binaries.pictures.radio Could I have some suggestions on the best way to
straighten it or some links to sites for same? I may or may not repaint the
case depending on what straightening does to the paint job.
Thanks,
Ed-KV5I

Is that one of the old flip top relay rack cases?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Michael A. Terrell June 9th 06 09:02 PM

Help with straightening metal radio case

Ed wrote:

No, It's a Hallicrafters amp.

Some of those are the old flip top relay rack cases. If the front
panel is 19" wide by a multiple of 1.75" (1.75" 3.5" 5.25" 7" 8.75" etc)
high it is a flip top relay rack case. They are common on boatanchors
and test equipment to convert a rack mount item to portable, or desktop.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida