RadioBanter

-   -   Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!! (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/96629-latest-radiomart-ebay-scam.html)

Chuck - K1KW June 16th 06 05:13 AM

Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!!

Item # 9738158955

Check this BS out! Amazing that this jerk continues to sell on Ebay with
his obvious lies and misrepresentation. This is nothing more than a poor
homebrew fake. I know who made it and he made a few more out of surplus
items. RADIOMART's stories are totally made up. He has no personal
collections, he swindles SK widows and runs another ebay name to buy on the
cheap and then makes up stories about the same equipment to lend
credibility. This guy is a snake. BEWARE!!!!!

COLIN LAMB June 16th 06 08:16 AM

Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!!

Wonder where Collins got the BC-375 vernier drives? Maybe they were trying
to save money on their prototypes.

IonSpot June 16th 06 02:39 PM

Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!!

RM has over 4,000 positive feedbacks.

He is the self-proclaimed Market Leader in Drake and Collins.

That means over 4,000 people so want to beleive in this guy and his products
that they will (stupidly) fall over themselves and others to buy his crap.

We are the real morons here, buying into his line of BS.....RM is just
filling a need in the amateur community: the need to outdo the other guy,
possess that precious Collins or Drake trophy...even if it is a fake.

Some day when inflation runs rampant and we need to spend our disposable
income on heating our homes rather than buying useless radio's, RM will come
to an end.

. ..

Copake June 16th 06 05:53 PM

Latest RADIOMART eBay scam!!!

Hi,
I have bought a few things from him in the past.
His descriptions such as;
Like the day it was made;
Mint condition;
Better than new;
A true chance to own a museum quality radio;
The best one I have ever seen;
I have never seen one in this condition.
My radios that I bought from him that had these types of descriptions
were
not as nice as the above wording. Although they arrived in one piece
the
packing on 2 radios was not the greatest and evry time I did buy
something from him
I always asked for the best packing and I would pay extra for it.
(NOT!)
The radios were not in the mint condition 10 out of 10 and perfect.
I have had scratches, dents and dings, some contols not working etc..
So if I now see something he has that I may like, I am very leary of
buying it
and look at others for sale on ebay at better prices and condition,
Just adding my 10 cents worth (inflation and price of gas)
Rich

Andrew VK3BFA June 17th 06 12:12 PM

Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!!

Chuck - K1KW wrote:
Item # 9738158955

Check this BS out! Amazing that this jerk continues to sell on Ebay with
his obvious lies and misrepresentation. This is nothing more than a poor
homebrew fake. I know who made it and he made a few more out of surplus
items. RADIOMART's stories are totally made up. He has no personal
collections, he swindles SK widows and runs another ebay name to buy on the
cheap and then makes up stories about the same equipment to lend
credibility. This guy is a snake. BEWARE!!!!!

Hey - I can make no comments about this person, my only note is his
language is like a real estate salesman hi hi. If its homebrew, I would
like to do as well - its nice. And he doesnt say its made by Collins -
the phrase is "Collins like" - ok, a fine detail, but accurate for fine
print legal purposes......

And really people - if you want a museum piece as an investment, then
search for one and be prepared to pay an outrageous price for some old
ham gear. Just dont turn it on or use it on air - you might lessen its
"value" - If you want what "looks" like a nice ATU that would not be
out of place in a Collins setup, then bid what you think its worth -
its your choice....

And I am not looking to start a flame war, Collins gear is VERY nice
and worth collecting and using. But Art Collins was NOT God, and having
a shack full of immaculate 60's consumer electronics, however well
engineered, will NOT get you into heaven.

73 de VK3BFA Andrew.

YT June 17th 06 02:26 PM

Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!!

And I am not looking to start a flame war, Collins gear is VERY nice
and worth collecting and using. But Art Collins was NOT God, and having
a shack full of immaculate 60's consumer electronics, however well
engineered, will NOT get you into heaven.

73 de VK3BFA Andrew.
\

"Heaven on Earth." HI

gkb June 18th 06 12:53 PM

Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!!

I just looked at his other auctions. The tubes he list as NOS are not. He
even lists 6146's in the title but there 6146B's.
Buyer Beware.
Regards,
Gary...
. ..