RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   HD Radio (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/110993-re-hd-radio.html)

Steve Stone December 6th 06 02:51 AM

HD Radio

HD Radio/IBOC causes adjacent-channel interference is is a fraud and a
failure !

A month ago I picked up a JVC radio with IBOC for the car from Crutchfield.

AM IBOC doesn't sound all that bad if you receive a strong signal.
Once the bit error rate climbs it sounds more like a bad VOIP phone call to
a PC Help Desk in Bangalore.
Then the radio drops back to the analog transmission.

Nothing is going to fix AM until the program content is improved.
I can only list to so many colon cleaning infomercials before I barf.