RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   LPFM and the New Congress (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/111712-re-lpfm-new-congress.html)

michaelmuller December 16th 06 06:23 PM

LPFM and the New Congress

LPFM can only come forth as a major presence if people can actually HEAR
the LPFM stations. If they are down in the muck and not getting out, it
does not matter if they exist or not because people will not be able to
listen to them.

Just because there's a station at the third adjacent doesn't mean the
station will be overpowered or lost in the "muck". And who are you to
care? If it doesn't work out, then they'll eventually shut down due to
lack of audience.

In our neighborhood we have a very tall hill (a short mountain, really)
that has a tower on it already. If we could broadcast from there we'd
cover the entire county.

What would we do with it? In the evening hours, when the local PEG
station broadcasts selectboard meetings or school committee meetings
(once or twice a week) or the Town Meetings, we could simulcast them.
We could broadcast local musicians. We would do the community thing,
because the station would be owned by the local PEG station.

Definitely NOT another fifties station, and really... is that what all
LPFM stations do?