RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   WBMT in the early 80's (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/118313-wbmt-early-80s.html)

[email protected] April 20th 07 08:02 PM

WBMT in the early 80's

There's a local radio station operated at Masconomet High school in
Boxford (WBMT- 88.3 FM). Back in the early 1980's, at the end of each
broadcast day, Glen Walker (the station manager) came on and talked
for about 3 or 4 minutes with some instrumental music playing in the
background. The thing I remember about this background music was that
it began with a baroque styled organ flourish similar to the intro on
"In-a Gadda-Da-Vida". It was probably library music, as it was being
used on other stations for similar purposes during this period
(1981-83). I haven't heard it in almost 25 years. Does anybody
remember this tune?
Bryan