RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   Looking for Mike McCormack, ex-KQV/WLS PD (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/188376-re-looking-mike-mccormack-ex-kqv-wls-pd.html)

[email protected] September 11th 12 11:48 PM

Looking for Mike McCormack, ex-KQV/WLS PD

On Friday, March 10, 1995 11:19:35 PM UTC-5, Clarke PXY wrote:
Does anyone know the whereabouts of one Jim Hankins, a/k/a Mike McCormack,
former program director for ABC O&O radio stations KQV/Pittsburgh and
WLS/Chicago in the late Sixties and early Seventies? One report had him
in Austin, Texas working for Signature Broadcasting, but that lead didn't
pan out, and he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. If you
have any leads on his present location, please contact me via E-mail:

Many thanks!

Clarke Ingram
Program Director
98PXY/Rochester

I would also love to find Mike McCormick/Jim Hankins. A truly spectacular radio guy who absolutely loved rock and roll. As I recall, his favorite song was "Johnny Be Good." He was way, way, way, way ahead of his time.

Patty and Denny (I think his beautiful little baby daughter's name) were adorable. Patty - 5'4", Mike 6'6", but a totally wonderful couple.

I would love to hear from them.

Kathy Murphy - now Moore

Channel Jumper September 20th 12 10:59 PM

You could check Jeff Rothman's KQV page or contact one of the oldies from back in the day.
There is a fellow from Waynesboro VA that keeps in touch with many of the old gang.
I can shoot you a email in PM if you want.