Old January 19th 16, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Tuesday 19 January 2016

RadioInsight

B98.5 Atlanta Makes Morning Show Change

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...g-show-change/

Cox Media Group AC B98.5 WSB-FM Atlanta has hired Tad Lemire as its new
morning host joining Melissa Carter. Lemire joins WSB-FM from Cox Mix 96
KRAV Tulsa and previously worked for the companys Star 99.9 WEZN Bridgeport
CT where he worked for WSB-FM PD Chris Eagan. He also spent many years in
the Providence market at 93.3 WSNE and 98.1 WCTX. Lemire will debut in
Atlanta on February 1 and replaces Jeff Elliott who departs the company.

Dave Pugh Becomes CBS Phoenix Market Manager

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...arket-manager/

Dave Pugh has joined CBS Radio as Senior Vice President/Market Manager of
their Phoenix stations. Pugh joins CBS from San Francisco where he most
recently served as Regional Vice President for Veritone Media. He has
previous market management experience for Clear Channel in San Francisco,
Detroit and Washington DC and worked in Phoenix as GM of then Jacors 104.7
KZZP. He will oversee Classic Hits 94.5 KOOL-FM, CHR Live 101.5 KZON and
Country 107.9 KMLE. Pugh is the brother of sportscaster Dan Patrick. He
succeeds Tim Pohlman who was transferred to Chicago earlier this month.
Dave Pugh has been named Senior Vice President/Market Manager and Director
of Sales of CBS RADIO Phoenix, it was announced today by Scott Herman,
Chief Operating Officer, CBS RADIO. Pugh, who will report to Herman, will
manage the operations and sales of the market’s stations, including KMLE-FM
(Country), KOOL-FM (Classic Hits) and KZON-FM (Top 40). The appointment is
effective immediately. Pugh succeeds Tim Pohlman, who was recently
appointed Senior Vice President and Market Manager of the division’s
stations in Chicago. “Dave has an established track record of driving
revenue, developing sales strategies and cultivating client relationships,
which is evident through his impressive career and outstanding reputation,”
said Herman. “His leadership skills, along with his extensive knowledge of
digital will greatly benefit our Phoenix stations. We are thrilled to have
Dave join the CBS RADIO team in this key position.” Prior to joining CBS
RADIO, Pugh was Regional Vice President of Veritone Media in San Francisco
since 2014, where he developed, grew and nurtured new clients for the tech
startup. Veritone Media provides integrated cross-media ad solutions for
advertisers, broadcasters and publishers by utilizing various media
platforms including radio, streaming, podcasting, television and YouTube.
He previously ran his own consulting firm from 2013-2014, focusing on
providing non-traditional revenue streams for various companies. From
2011-2013, Pugh was co-founder and Senior Vice President of Magic Ruby, an
application development, infrastructure and advertising network for the
second screen industry. Prior to that, he held various leadership roles
with iHeartMedia in multiple markets, including San Francisco, Washington,
D.C., and Detroit. Pugh received his degree in communications and marketing
from the University of Dayton.

Another PD Exits WTEM Washington

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...em-washington/

Red Zebra Broadcasting Sports ESPN 980 WTEM Washington DC/92.7 WWXT Prince
Frederick MD/94.3 WWXX Buckland VA is on the hunt for its third Program
Director in less than a year. The Washington Post reports Dan Zampillo
announced his resignation on Monday, but will remain through a transition
period. Zampillo joined WTEM last April from SiriusXM. He filled the
position made available when Chuck Sapienza resigned during the tumult
created by the postponement of the stations short lived Man Cave morning
show. WTEM is currently undergoing restructuring as the parent Washington
Redskins combine the management of the stations and the NFL franchise.
Redskins EVP Terry Bateman is running the stations following the exit of
Red Zebra CEO Rick Carmean last month.

Ted Cannarozzi Named WRBQ Program Director

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...gram-director/

Beasley Media Classic Hits Q105 104.7 WRBQ Tampa has named Ted Cannarozzi
as its new Program Director. Cannarozzi takes the programming reins from
Tee Gentry, who retains his role as Operations Manager for the Beasley
Tampa cluster. He previously programmed Classic Rock Thunder 103.5 WTBT in
Tampa and Soft AC Sunny 104.5 WSNI Philadelphia. His on-air career includes
long runs at 98 Rock WXTB Tampa as Ted Kamikazee and in New York at 660
WNBC, Z100 and 103.5 WAPP. Additionally Hillary Hatch is promoted from
Promotions Director for Country 99.5 WQYK Tampa to Marketing Director for
all of Beasleys Tampa stations. Beasley Media Group, a subsidiary of
Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc., has announced a pair of staff upgrades in
Tampa Bay. WQYK’s Promotions Director Hillary Hatch has been elevated to
new responsibilities as the Tampa Bay Cluster’s marketing director.
“Hillary is the consummate professional. She has performed remarkably as
our promotions director for 99.5 QYK,” noted Operations Manager Tee Gentry.
“We are confident Hillary will be an outstanding Marketing Director for the
entire cluster!” Additionally, Ted Cannarozzi has been named Q105’s program
director. “Ted has proven that he knows how to win and we certainly have
noticed,” added Tee Gentry. “Ted has been instrumental in helping Q105
achieve amazing results this past year. We’re looking forward to his
leadership throughout 2016, and beyond!” “I’m honored that the Beasley
Media Group has trusted me with the keys to one of Americas most legendary
radio stations,” said Ted Cannarozzi, who has programmed in Tampa at
Thunder 103.5 as well as Sunny 104.5 in Philadelphia. Ted’s on-air career
also includes Tampa’s 98ROCK, WNBC, and Z-100 in New York City.

WTCX Relaunches As The Rock

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...s-as-the-rock/

Radio Plus Inc. Classic Rock 96.1 TCX WTCX Ripon WI relaunched on Monday as
95-1 96-1 The Rock. The move comes with a musical shift to Mainstream Rock
and the addition of a translator to serve Fond du Lac. 95.1 W236AG Fond du
Lac operates with 80 watts at 8 meters and had been rebroadcasting sister
AC Sunny 97.7 WFDL-FM since Radio Plus acquired it last summer. The
relaunch follows the addition of the syndicated Free Beer Hot Wings for
mornings at the beginning of 2016.

Len Shackelford Named PD Of 103.1 The Wolf Orlando

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-wolf-orlando/

JVC Media Country 103.1 The Wolf WOTW Orlando has named Len Shackelford as
its new Program Director. Shackelford recently programmed Cox Medias K92
WWKA Orlando until 2012 and also spent many years programming Curtis Medias
94.7 WQDR Raleigh. Murph Dawg, who had been programming WOTW will become
Assistant Program Director and remain as afternoon host. JVC Media, one of
the leading independent and locally owned radio broadcasters in the
country, announces the addition of Country Radio veteran and former WWKA,
Orlando Program Director Len Shackelford for programming duties on Orlando
Country station WOTW 103.1 The WOLF. Len is a radio legend with over 30
years of experience in markets from Raleigh, NC, Columbus, GA and most
recently Cox Media Group, Orlando as Operations Manager and Country Format
Coordinator. Len has a long list of successful radio victories under his
belt and has developed many market leading stations during his tenure at
Cox and Curtis Media Group. During his oversight of WWKA Orlando, the
station was a top performing Country station in rank and revenue. Len will
take over programming duties on WOTW, 1031 The WOLF on Tuesday January 19th
and adds, “I am thrilled to be coming back to Orlando and I am extremely
excited about getting into Country radio again, my favorite format, I’m
ready to take this great radio station to the next level.” Len continues,
“Thanks to John Caracciolo, Vic Canales, and Shane Reeve for the
opportunity to do radio the way it was supposed to be… local, entertaining,
and FUN!” Afternoon Drive host Murph Dawg, will remain in that slot and
will handle APD duties. JVC’s Executive Vice President Shane Reeve says,
“Since the launch of 103.1 The WOLF the feedback from the community has
been fantastic, we have been tweaking and changing, working to give our
Orlando listeners a great Country station. With the addition of Len at the
helm programming 103.1 the WOLF, JVC will be even better equipped to do
what we do best… super-serve our clients, listeners, and communities with
great promotions, events, music, and FUN!“ President and CEO of JVC
Broadcasting John Caracciolo adds, “We are 100 percent committed to Country
radio in Orlando and with one year under our belt we are ready to bring in
an industry pro, a market expert, and a programmer that can take this
station to the next level, 2016 will be a breakout year for the WOLF!”