Old February 24th 16, 11:36 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Wednesday 24 February 2016

RadioInsight

Billy The Kidd & Anne Hudson To Host Mornings At 96.7 Kiss-FM Austin

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...iss-fm-austin/

iHeartMedia CHR 96.7 Kiss-FM KHFI Austin will debut a new morning show on
Monday, February 29. The Billy The Kidd Morning Show will feature 106.1
Kiss-FM KHKS Dallas afternoon host Billy The Kidd and Country 100.7 KASE
Austin midday host Anne Hudson. They replace the syndicated Elvis Duran
show that was dropped at the end of 2015. Both will retain their current
positions in addition to the morning show. Prior to joining KHKS for his
second stint, Billy previously worked for iHeart doing nights at Z100 New
York and has also worked at WDRQ Detroit and KRBV Dallas. He also
voicetracks for many other iHeartMedia CHRs across the country. Hudson has
been in the Austin market for 15 years and previously worked in Bowling
Green KY. iHeartMedia Austin announced today that The Billy The Kidd
Morning Show will debut on KHFI, 96.7 Kiss FM, on February 29. Anne Hudson
will co- host the show with Billy The Kidd. Kidd has been with iHeartMedia
for over 15 years and is currently the afternoon drive host on Dallas’ KHKS
106.1 Kiss FM. Kidd has also been on several other iHeartMedia stations
including Z100 in New York, Channel 955 in Detroit and Mix 96.1 in San
Antonio. Hudson has been a syndicated radio and Television personality out
of Austin for over 15 years and is currently on mid days for KASE 101,
afternoons on 103.1 iHeartAustin and was an entertainment and fashion
reporter for Time Warner Cable News Austin, San Antonio Los Angeles. I
love Austin and have been on the air here on weekends for a while. I am
beyond excited to launch our new morning show and hopefully we become part
of your morning routine, said Kidd. “Billy is an amazing talent and I feel
so honored that we get to take this journey together. We’re going to have a
lot of fun, said Hudson. “Billy is one of the true great radio talents out
there. In Dallas, he is a radio star and we believe he, along with Anne,
can create some really fun and compelling content that the unique Austin
radio market is looking for,” said Patrick Davis, Senior Vice President of
Programming for Dallas, Austin and San Antonio. Davis continued, “Anne has
had tremendous success with mid days on KASE 101 and moving her to mornings
on KHFI should help write the next chapter in the great history of 96.7
Kiss FM.” The Billy The Kidd Morning Show will air weekdays from 6-10 a.m.
on 96.7 Kiss FM, streaming live at 967kissfm.com and via iHeartRadio.com.

Ingstad Brings More To Tri-Cities

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...to-tri-cities/

Ingstad Radio Washington has flipped Classic Country 960 KALE Kennewick WA
to AC 106.1 More-FM with the sign-on of 106.1 K291BS Richland WA. Starting
with the 10,000 songs-in-a-row, KALE gives a direct competitor to Cherry
Creek Radios Mix 105.3 KONA-FM. Ingstad purchased the CP for K291BS from
Alexandra Communications in July 2015 for $80,000.

Larry Elder To Fill Salem's Vacant Evening Slot

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-evening-slot/

Salem Media has named Larry Elder to fill the 6-9pm eastern time slot being
vacated by Hugh Hewitts move to mornings. Elder currently airs on Salems
870 The Answer KRLA Los Angeles from 9-11pm and his show will move to 6-9pm
locally. He is best known for his two decade run on 790 KABC Los Angeles
and was previously syndicated by ABC Radio from 2002 through 2007. Elder
will debut nationally on Monday, April 4. Salem Media Group (NASDAQ: SALM),
announced today that talk show host Larry Elder will join its lineup in the
6pm to 9pm ET day part beginning Monday, April 4th. Larry Elder will be
taking the place of Salem host Hugh Hewitt who will be moving to mornings
on that same day. For nearly 20 years, The Sage from South Central aired
his afternoon drive radio program on KABC in Los Angeles. He was previously
syndicated nationally on the ABC Radio Network from 2002 to 2007. Last year
Larry moved to Salems AM 870 The Answer in Los Angeles, where he airs
nightly 9-11pm. His new program will move up into the 6-9pm PT slot in Los
Angeles. Salem Radio Network Senior VP Phil Boyce recalls adding Larry to
his lineup at WABC in New York, and listeners could not get enough. Larry
is truly a unique and needed voice in this country, and I cant think of a
better choice to fill the valuable Hugh Hewitt slot, said Mr. Boyce.
Listeners will be riveted to his take on the days news, and his insights
into the most important issues of our day he will bring them back for
appointment listening, added Mr. Boyce. Larry says his philosophy is to
entertain, inform, provoke and to hopefully uplift. His calling card is we
have a country to save, and to him this means returning to the bedrock
Constitutional principles of limited government and maximum personal
responsibility. Larry added, I see the Constitution as a contract that
restrains the federal government, leaving everything else to the states and
to the people. As for those who need help, Larry says, Its the moral
responsibility of the people, not the federal government, to assist.
Compassion is our job, not the Feds. Larry is a New York Times best-selling
author of four books, including his latest Dear Father, Dear Son. His
national TV show Moral Court was syndicated across the country and was at
one time top rated in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. I am thrilled and
delighted to be joining the Salem Radio Network. What a great time to be on
the radio, helping listeners make sense of one of the craziest election
cycles we have ever seen, added Larry. He says, The question is not which
party has my back, but which party can get government off our backso that
we might all realize our God given capabilities. SRN host Dennis Prager
takes credit for suggesting to KABC GM George Green that Larry might make a
great talk show host. They are now re-united on AM 870 The Answer in Los
Angeles. Phil Boyce added SRN has live issue oriented hosts from 6am ET to
Midnight ET, taking strong stands and discussing the days breaking news and
events. Its a great time to be doing talk radio, and Salem is in a unique
position to build this franchise to a higher platform. At the same time,
CRN President and CEO Michael J. Horn announced that as a part of the pact,
The Larry Elder Show will continue to be heard on 192 CRN channel stations
around the country. CRN has been carrying Larrys show after he left KABC.
Larry Elder is one of Americas most successful talk show hosts and Larrys
voice is an answer to many of the nations problems and concerns right now,
Mr. Horn said. We are thrilled with the nationwide Salem launch and believe
SRN is the best syndication company in the country today.

WCTQ Sarasota Moves To 92.1; New Format Coming To 106.5

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ming-to-106-5/

iHeartMedia Country 106.5 WCTQ Sarasota FL has moved to 92.1 replacing AC
92.1 The Coast WLTQ-FM Venice. While currently simulcasting on both
frequencies, WCTQ will revert to the frequency it was located on from 1997
until 1999. The move increases the stations coverage in the southern
portions of of the Sarasota-Bradenton market although increasing overlap
with sister Kix Country 92.9 WIKX Charlotte Harbor. Whats next for 106.5? A
few weeks ago we reported on domain registrations made by a Tampa based
marketing company for a possible Rumba branded Spanish language station.
With the Tampa focus on those domains, it will be interesting to see how
iHeartMedia gets around the marketing and selling ads for 106.5 as a Tampa
focused station despite the company already being maxed out with 5 FMs in
that market.

WLDB Milwaukee Returns Back To AC & B93.3 Identity

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...93-3-identity/

After completing its evolution to Hot AC and rebranding as Trending Radio
93.3 last April, Milwaukee Radio Alliance has returned WLDB Milwaukee to
its previous AC format and B93.3 branding. Milwaukee Radio Alliance has
made significant management changes in the past few months. General Manager
Bill Hurwitz was replaced by former ABC and Greater Media Detroit GM Steve
Kosbau in December. Sales Manager Keith Bratel and WLDB Program
Director/Afternoon Host Stan Atkinson exited in January. Sister Alternative
FM 102.1 WLUM PD Michelle Rutkowski is now listed as PD of WLDB. With the
relaunch the station has restored 1980s songs to its playlist and is
positioning itself as The 80s To Today.

Hot 104.7 Portland ME Revamps On-Air Lineup

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...on-air-lineup/

Mainestream Media Rhythmic CHR Hot 104.7 WHTP Kennebunkport/Portland ME has
hired Samantha Sylvia as its new Promotions Director while rearranging its
on-air lineup. Krissy, who recently joined WHTP for afternoons will now
head to mornings where she will co-host with Program Director Ryan Deelon
from 5-10am. Mijo moves from nights to 1-8pm and Michael Desveaux is
upgraded from overnights to 8-12am. Samantha Sylvia has previously served
as Promotions Director for Beasleys WRDW-FM Philadelphia and Citadels WWKX
Providence and now takes on those duties for WHTP. Mainestream Media’s
WHTP-Hot 104.7 continues to add to their impressive roster of talented and
experienced employees while also rounding out the on-air lineup. Hot 104.7
Program Director Ryan Deelon has announced the hiring of Samantha Sylvia as
their new Promotion Director. Sylvia comes to Hot 104.7 with an extensive
resume including work at WWKX (Hot 106) in Providence and WRDW (Wired 96.5)
in Philadelphia. Deelon, excited about the hire of Samantha said, “She
joins a strong programming team who all have experience in large market
radio but also someone willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard to
further growing our brand.” Sylvia said of the move to Maine, “I’m eager to
join the team at Hot 104.7 and help to grow the amazing brand which they’ve
begun to build. We’re going to have a lot of fund doing radio.” With the
hire of Syliva, it allows for the on-air lineup to continue to evolve.
Recent hire, Krissy (Kristina Williamson) moves from afternoon host to
mornings to partner with Ryan Deelon from 5:00am-10:00am. In addition, Mijo
(Miguel Irizarry) moves from night host to afternoon host and local Wells,
Maine resident Michael Desveaux moves from overnight host to night host. In
launching the new lineup Deelon said, “I’m excited every day to show the
southern Maine community and the industry at large, our long term plans for
the station and the brand as we work to do great radio.” Mainestream Media,
LLC is a Maine based company and the owner of WHTP Hot 104.7. Mainestream
believes in operating local radio at the local level and engaging with
local listeners.

TuneIn Appoints Chief Content Officer

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ntent-officer/

TuneIn has promoted Kevin Straley as the companys first Chief Content
Officer. Straley joined TuneIn as VP/Programming in 2011 and has built up
the platforms content partnerships. In the new role he will oversee all
content development, acquisitions, strategy, and programming management.
Prior to joining TuneIn he served as SVP of News, Talk, and Sports
Programming of XM Satellite Radio from the companys launch in 2001 through
its merger with Sirius. TuneIn, the world’s largest audio network, today
announced that Kevin Straley has been named TuneIn’s first Chief Content
Officer. Straley will lead the content department and be responsible for
content acquisition, content strategy, and programming management. Since
joining TuneIn as Vice President of Programming in 2011, Straley has built
a strategy and team responsible for securing more than 500 best-in-class
content partners on the TuneIn platform. Partners to-date include the NFL,
MLB, NHL, Barclay’s Premier League, NCAA March Madness, NASCAR (MRN PRN),
IMG College, Learfield Sports, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, ESPN, Fox News, CNN,
and NPR. Straley works closely with TuneIn’s content partners to enhance
their digital strategies through TuneIns best-in-class analytics tools,
monetization engine and distribution reach on more than 250 connected
devices. “Kevin has really taken charge of building strategic and
meaningful partnerships instrumental to TuneIn’s growth these past five
years,” said John Donham, CEO of TuneIn. “His experience and knowledge of
the evolving audio market has been a key driver to our success.” Prior to
TuneIn, Kevin was SVP of News, Talk, and Sports Programming at XM Satellite
Radio where he developed strategy and broadcast architecture for the
initial 2001 launch with a team of 30 employees and 29 channels. Kevin grew
to lead a team of 150 employees, and more than 100 channels, launching
brand-specific and XM-exclusive shows including The Bob Edwards Show, Opie
Anthony, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jimmie Johnson, and Michael Waltrip, expanding
initial play-by-play sports broadcasts to more than 5,000, and launching
new channels for MLB, NHL, NASCAR, PGA TOUR, FIFA World Cup, ACC, Big 12,
Big East, Big Ten, Pac 12, SEC. “The digital audio marketplace has evolved
tremendously in five short years and I’m really excited to see how our
content will adapt to these changes over the next five years,” Straley
said. “One thing that’s remained constant is the value our partners
experience tapping into TuneIn’s global audience of more than 60 million
listeners. We continue signing new content partners every day, and I look
forward to sharing more exciting news on that front soon.”