RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   Is 990 AM on Air in Muncie Indiana? (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/226964-re-990-am-air-muncie-indiana.html)

[email protected] February 26th 16 03:03 PM

Is 990 AM on Air in Muncie Indiana?

On Thursday, September 23, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ray Dennis wrote:
Many years ago, I worked at WERK 990AM in Muncie Indiana.

It was my understanding that the WERK call letters still exist on FM,
but the AM facility was shut down in early 1998 and the 6 towers taken
down early this year.

Current FCC database records show an ownership change in spring 1999 and
call letter changes to WLHN in June of 1999.

Is there a 990 signal on the air in Muncie? If so, what are they using
for a facility?

Ray Dennis
Des Moines
Part of the original "WERK KREW"

WERK AM is not on the air now....You are right the FM carries the WERK cal
l letters....This is Jim Mougeotte...I worked at WERK for 10 years in the 7
0's...It was one hell of a Station and I am proud to say I was there in its
"hayday"...What a great group of folks...i like to explain it as a bunch o
f "kids" playing Radio and it worked big time...

Jim Mougeotte