RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   RadioInsight for Tuesday 7 February 2017 (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/230651-radioinsight-tuesday-7-february-2017-a.html)

RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin February 8th 17 01:40 AM

RadioInsight for Tuesday 7 February 2017

RadioInsight

Mike Preston Exits As KHTP/KKWF Seattle PD

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...wf-seattle-pd/

After seven plus years with the company, Mike Preston is stepping down as
Program Director of Entercom Country 100.7 The Wolf KKWF and Classic
Hip-Hop Hot 103.7 KHTP Seattle at the end of February.
This was Prestons second run in Seattle as he previously OM/PD of 96.5 KJAQ
and 106.1 KBKS for CBS Radio from 1997-2006. He also was APD/MD of ABCs
95.5 WPLJ New York from 1989-1997 and VP/Programming of CBS Radio San
Francisco from 2006 until January 2009.
Entercom Seattle VP/Programming Dave Richards will add KHTP and KKWF to his
duties until a replacement is named.

BIA/Kelsey: Entercom - CBS Radio: What Does it Mean?

http://blog.biakelsey.com/index.php/...-does-it-mean/

WTMJ Launches Podcast Network

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...dcast-network/

Scripps News/Talk 620 WTMJ Milwaukee is debuting Milwaukee-centric podcast
network WTMJ Mobile.
The network will include on-demand versions of WTMJ shows as well as
programs developed by sister WTMJ-TV and local Milwaukee organizations
including NEWaukee, the Milwaukee Brewing Company, and Startup Milwaukee.
The eight launch shows are Blue 58 hosted by Green Bay Packers blogger John
Meerdink, the WTMJ Packers Flagship Podcast and Brewers Extra Innings
Podcast using content from the stations role as the flagship station for
the teams radio broadcasts, The Intersection of People and Place hosted by
NEWaukees Angela Damiani and Jeremy Fojut, Milk Honey hosted by Paige
Weslaski, Milwaukee Brewing Companys MKE TCB: Talking Craft Beer, Startup
Milwaukees Tech Wisconsin hosted by Matt Cordio, WTMJ Conversations
longform interviews of newsmakers, and repurposed content from the stations
Sports Central with Greg Matzek and Jeff Wagner Show.
Scripps owns the Midroll Media podcast advertising and Earwolf podcast
network, but this is the first time it is rolling out a local podcasting
platform.
WTMJ Radio announces the launch of “WTMJ Mobile,” a new podcast network
which includes popular WTMJ shows on-demand and locally based podcasters
from Milwaukee and Wisconsin. The pilot program also includes exclusive
podcasts for the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers and Milwaukee Bucks.
This uniquely Wisconsin platform expands our content offerings, builds
strong third party partnerships and takes Scripps Milwaukee brands to new
levels,” said Tom Langmyer, vice president and general manager of WTMJ and
WKTI and vice president, news, talk, and sports programming, for radio for
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP).
“WTMJ Mobile” helps ensure our continued leadership position in spoken word
content,” said Eric Brooks, director of programming and news for WTMJ
Radio. “Our live programming every day is valued content for our listeners.
With the podcast network, our audiences have full access to choose the
unique, digital-first content they want and when. Our diverse list of
offerings will continue to increase the impact of WTMJ throughout the
region.”
The program includes time-shifted daily captures of WTMJs Jeff Wagner Show,
Sports Central with Greg Matzek and new podcasts from local Scripps NBC
affiliate, TODAY’S TMJ4. To further enrich the network content, WTMJ has
partnered with Milwaukee organizations, including NEWaukee, the Milwaukee
Brewing Company, Startup Milwaukee and many more to create a uniquely
Wisconsin podcast experience. Now that the pilot program has launched, the
station is inviting other local podcasters and potential podcasters to join
the program.
“With the support of the Scripps digital team, WTMJ continues to evolve,”
said J. Pat Miller, director of marketing and innovation for WTMJ and WKTI.
“With podcasting, WTMJ has exponentially expanded the amount of content we
provide, while championing more local voices to engage our connected,
vibrant listeners.”
Regional and local content creators who would like to add their podcast to
“WTMJ Mobile,” or start a new one, are encouraged to contact Eric Brooks at
.
“WTMJ Mobile” podcasts are available at WTMJ.com, the WTMJ app and will
roll out soon on Stitcher, iTunes and other podcasting services.

DJ Carisma Promoted To Real 92.3 Music Director/Mix Show Coordinator

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...w-coordinator/

iHeartMedia Urban Real 92.3 KRRL Los Angeles has promoted afternoon mixer
DJ Carisma Robertson to Music Director and Mix Show Coordinator.
Carisma joined KRRL in 2015 after previously working as a mixer and
assistant promotions coordinator at Emmis Power 106 105.9 KPWR. In addition
to her afternoon mixes she also co-hosts Young California Radio on weekends
from 7pm-12am.
iHeartMedia Los Angeles announced today that renowned Los Angeles
DJ/Mixer, DJ Carisma, has been promoted to Music Director and Mix Show
Coordinator for REAL 92.3, LA’s Home for Hip-Hop, effective immediately.
iHeartMedia Los Angeles has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a
number of iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital —
encompassing radio station brands ALT 98.7, 102.7 KIIS FM, REAL 92.3, KOST
103.5, 104.3 MYFM, AM 570 LA Sports and news talk brands KFI AM 640 and
KEIB-AM.
iHeartMedia has massive consumer reach and influence across multiple
platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company.
As Music Director and Mix Show Coordinator, Carisma will support the
Assistant Program Director with the station’s music programming and oversee
the operation of the mixers.
“I feel like I was born to be a part of the radio world, and the REAL 92.3
brand is the perfect fit for me,” said Carisma. “I’m proud of my radio
industry track record, and my promotion to Music Director is mind blowing.
I can’t wait to continue to better serve this station and community by
doing what I love.”
Carisma is a renowned Los Angeles based DJ, whose on-air style reflects the
diversity and culture of the city she represents. She joined REAL 92.3 in
2015 as the live DJ/Mixer in afternoon drive, and part of the “Young
California Radio” collaboration with DJ Amen and Dre Sinatra, which airs
exclusively on REAL 92.3 on Saturday nights from 7 p.m. to midnight.
“Carisma’s passion for radio and music was evident the day we first met,”
said Doc Wynter, Senior Vice President of Urban Programming for
iHeartMedia’s Los Angeles Market and Program Director for REAL 92.3. “She
has proven herself to be more than just a DJ. I’m proud to give her these
Music Director stripes and I believe the best is yet to come for her!”
iHeartMedia is a leading media outlet in the Los Angeles market and its
content is available across multiple platforms, including its broadcast
stations; online via its branded digital sites; mobile; and social, with
nationwide listening through iHeartRadio, the all-in-one streaming music
and live radio service – with its more than a billion downloads and 95
million registered users.

Jeff Pantridge Takes Afternoons At ESPN 94.1 Norfolk

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-94-1-norfolk/

Max Media Sports ESPN Radio 94.1 WVSP Yorktown/Norfolk VA has added Jeff
Pants Pantridge for 4-7pm weekdays.
Pantridge joins WVSP from Tampa where he worked at multiple stations
including defunct CBS Sports 98.7 The Fan WHFS-FM and most recently was
hosting a podcast for RadioInfluence.com. He fills the opening created by
Nick Cattles exit to join CBS Sports 98.5 The Sports Hub WBZ-FM Boston last
month.
Producers Matt Stenberg and AJ Risser, who have been filling in on the
afternoon show will remain in place with Pantridge when he debuts on
February 27.
ESPN Radio 94.1 (WVSP-FM) proudly announces the addition of Jeff “Pants”
Pantridge to its on-air lineup of local sports broadcasting. Pantridge will
be on-air weekday afternoons from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM beginning Monday,
February 27th, 2017.
Jeff Pantridge is a 13-year spoken word radio vet, from sunny Florida,
that has produced and hosted in many sports talk, news talk and hot talk
formats. When Pants isnt listening to the radio or watching sports, he
loves an ice-cold beverage, a good cigar and talking sports with guys who
loves sports as much as he does.
“I couldnt be more excited about this amazing opportunity with ESPN Radio
94.1 and the Max Media family. Get ready Hampton Roads! Its going to be
fun. Its going to get funky. And were going to give you a show that you
have NEVER heard before.”
Pantridge will join the existing staff at ESPN Radio 94.1 including
producers Matt Stenberg and AJ Risser, who have held down the afternoons
since January 10th, 2017.

Paul Burton Named Adams Radio Salisbury VP/GM

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...alisbury-vpgm/

Adams Radio Group has hired Paul Burton as its new Vice President/General
Manager for its Salisbury/Ocean City MD cluster.
Burton most recently served as VP/Sales of iHeartMedia Salisbury until
exiting last October. He is the third person to lead the cluster since
Adams acquired the former Great Scott Broadcasting in late 2014. CEO Ron
Stone has been serving as Interim GM since Cheryl Salomone exited after a
brief six month run in September 2016.
Adams owns Rock 93.5 The Beach WZBH, Classic Rock Big 98.5 WGBG, Rhythmic
CHR OC 104 103.9 WOCQ, and Country Your Country K107.7 WKHI in the
Salisbury/Ocean City market.
Adams Radio Group has named Paul Burton VP GM for it Salisbury-Ocean City,
MD cluster. Burton started his radio career in 1987 in Baltimore, MD with
WCBM-AM. Later, he served WBAL-AM and Radio One. He comes to Adams from
iHeart Radio where he served as VP of Sales in Salisbury until last October.
I am so excited to be working in the community I love and with four
heritage radio stations, said Burton. Adams and I share the same vision in
regard serving the community. The live and local aspect of Adams Radio will
allow me and my team to truly super-serve the local area across Delmarva.
Amazing things are ahead of us.
Ron Stone, CEO of Adams added, It is rare that you get an opportunity to
partner with someone that literally can change your life. I have spent the
past several months as the Interim GM while searching for the right person
to lead our organization in Delmarva. Paul is that person. His excitement
and commitment to excellence is second to none.

Otis Joins 94.9 The Bull Atlanta As MD/Afternoons

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-mdafternoons/

Jeremy Otis Maher, Program Director of Alpha Media CHR 99.7 WDJX
Louisville, has joined iHeartMedia Country 94.9 The Bull WUBL Atlanta as
Music Director/Afternoon Host.
Angie Ward, who had been Music Director, will continue as Assistant Program
Director/Midday Host. Maher has also worked as APD/MD at Kiss 95.1 WNKS
Charlotte.
iHeartMedia announced today that Jeremy “Otis” Maher has been named
Afternoon Drive Personality and Music Director for 94.9 The Bull, Today’s
Best Country, effective Monday, February 6, 2017. iHeartMedia Atlanta has
a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and
franchises — both broadcast and digital including Power 96.1, Radio 105.7,
El Patron 105.3, 92.3 96.7 The Beat, and 640 WGST and produces legendary
marquee events including Jingle Ball, The Bull’s Green Solo Cup Party,
Radio 105.7’s Saints Sinners Ball and more.
iHeartMedia has massive consumer reach and influence across multiple
platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company.
Otis will entertain the Atlanta Country audience weekday afternoons while
playing music from the biggest Country artists such as Jason Aldean, Luke
Bryan, Carrie Underwood, and Zac Brown Band. As the Music Director, Otis
will support 94.9 The Bull and iHeartMedia Atlanta’s programming team.
Angie Ward will continue as the station’s Assistant Program Director (APD)
and Midday Air Personality.
“I am so excited to join Brian Michel and the iHeartMedia team on one of
the biggest Country stations in the nation!” said Otis. “I can’t wait to
bring a high energy, ultra-interactive show to The Bull’s listeners.”
Otis previously worked as the program director and was on afternoons with
99.7 DJX in Louisville, KY. Prior to that, he worked as the assistant
program director and music director at Kiss 95.1 in Charlotte, NC.
“I am thrilled to add another high quality programmer and talent on our
team. We’re committed to creating the very best live and local experience
for our Atlanta audience,” said Brian Michel, Region Senior Vice President
of Programming for iHeartMedia Atlanta. “Otis has a great track record and
is talented on so many fronts. He’s a perfect fit for our cluster.”
iHeartMedia is a leading media outlet in the Atlanta market and its content
is available across multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations;
online via its branded digital sites; mobile; and social, with nationwide
listening through iHeartRadio, the all-in-one streaming music and live
radio service – with its more than a billion downloads and 95 million
registered users.

Leeann Tweeden Joins KABC's McIntyre in the Morning

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...n-the-morning/

Cumulus Talk 790 KABC Los Angeles has announced the addition of Leeann
Tweeden to McIntyre in the Morning.
The model turned television sportscaster turned radio host will serve as
newscaster on the program joining host Doug McIntyre and sportscaster Randy
Wang from 5-10am. She most recently co-hosted LA Today on iHeartMedia
Sports 570 KLAC Los Angeles. Best known for her long run as part of Fox
Sports Best Damn Sports Show Period in the early 2000s, she still serves a
commentator on multiple political television shows.
Cumulus Media announces that it has named radio and television personality
Leeann Tweeden as News Anchor for 790 KABC morning show, McIntyre in the
Morning. Tweeden joins Host Doug McIntyre and Sportscaster Randy Wang
weekdays from 5AM-10AM. Previously, Tweeden co-hosted LA Today with Roggin
Tweeden on AM570 LA Sports Radio. She is a frequent social and political
commentator on television shows including: Hannity (FOX News), Dr. Drew
(HLN), Red Eye (FOX News) and Good Day L.A.. Tweeden was formerly Co-Host
of UFC Tonight on FOX SPORTS, was Co-Anchor of Good Day L.A. and developed
a national profile as a cast member of FSN’s The Best Damn Sports Show
Period. She was also Host of NBC’s National Heads-Up Poker Championship and
the popular late night show, Poker After Dark.
Drew Hayes, Operations Director, KABC, said: “We are delighted to have
Leeann sign on as the newest addition to the KABC on-air team. She is not
only a bright, high energy, and plugged-in broadcaster, she brings a broad
reservoir of life experiences. Leeann is a perfect fit for McIntyre in the
Morning and the big-personality lineup of News. Talk. Evolved. 790 KABC.”
Doug McIntyre, Host of McIntyre in the Morning, said: “I’m thrilled Leeann
is joining us on McIntyre in the Morning. She will lend a different vibe to
the show, and is smart, funny, and patriotic, and brings a much-needed
woman’s perspective to the news of the day.”
Tweeden said: “I am so happy to be joining KABC and McIntyre in the
Morning! Sitting with Doug McIntyre and getting to be a part of his crew
for five hours every day is going to be an adventure. I’ve been a
sportscaster for much of my career, but I love politics and have deep
attachments to our military and Im a mom of two small kids. Im ready for
anything!”