Old February 14th 17, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Tuesday 14 February 2017

RadioInsight

Kwame Dankwa Joins Star 104 Erie As Program Director

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...gram-director/

Connoisseur Media CHR Star 104 103.7 WRTS Erie has appointed Kwame Dankwa
as Program Director.
Dankwa, who most recently was APD/Afternoon host as iHeartMedias Power 93.3
KPWK Seattle until his position was eliminated at the end of 2016. He has
also spent two tours as PD at Pamal CHR Z97 WZRT Rutland VT and has worked
on-air at 101.9 Radio Now KWNW Memphis and Amp Radio 103.3 WODS Boston.
He succeeds Chris Ryan who exited in October to join Neuhoff Medias Y103
102.9 WSOY-FM Decatur IL as PD.
Connoisseur Media appoints Kwame Dankwa as Program Director for WRTS-FM
(Star 104) Erie, PA, effective February 27. Dankwa, originally from
Windsor, CT, was most recently heard on KPWK-FM (Power 933) Seattle where
he served as Assistant PD and handled afternoons. Kwame said, I knew the
day I left Seattle that this was the job that I wanted and coming to Erie
for the market visit and meeting the staff confirmed that belief.
General Manager Michael Malpiedi stated, Kwames impressive resume, energy
and passion for radio combined with his engaging personality made him the
perfect fit to complete the Star 104 family.

Integr8 Research: Are Sales or Streaming Data More Relevant to Your
Stations Music?

http://www.integr8research.com/blog/...stations-music

Bible Broadcasting To Acquire WNKU Cincinnati

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ku-cincinnati/

Nearly a year after stating they plan to explore selling AAA 89.7 WNKU
Highland Heights KY/Cincinnati and its two simulcasters, Northern Kentucky
University has announced it has agreed to sell two of the signals to
religious operators.
89.7 WNKU will be sold to Bible Broadcasting Network for $1.9 million.
Simulcast 104.1 WNKE New Boston OH, which serves the Huntington WV/Ashland
KY/Portsmouth OH market will go to Educational Media Foundation for
$700,000 plus 75% of the proceeds from EMF divesting 94.9 WEKV South
Webster OH. The university has yet to accept an offer for its third
station, 105.9 WNKN Middletown OH, which serves the northern half of the
Cincinnati market and Dayton.
WCPO-TV reports that WNKU has been running a $1 million plus deficit in
recent years.
Northern Kentucky University President Geoffrey Mears wrote in a statement:
For more than thirty years, WNKU-FM has been a part of our University and
our community. Over that period of time, however, our university has also
heavily subsidized its operations. Last year, that subsidy was
approximately $1 million. Over the past six years, the university subsidy
provided to operate WNKU has totaled approximately $4.4 million. As we
continue to wrestle with various financial challenges, I concluded that we
could no longer justify using our resources – our students’ tuition and our
state appropriation – to subsidize WNKU’s operations.
The state of Kentucky had cut 4.5% of the state funding to all public
universities in April 2016 leading NKU to explore selling the radio
stations.

WIDL Switches To Classic Rock

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-classic-rock/

Edwards Communications flipped Hot AC Mix 92.1 WIDL Cass City MI to Classic
Rock I92 on February 3.
The move corresponded with WIDL and sister Oldies 1360 WKYO Caros move to a
new downtown Caro facility.

Entercom's Beyond Reality Radio Goes National Via Westwood One

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-westwood-one/

Paranormal talk show Beyond Reality Radio, which debuted on Entercom owned
stations last summer will be taken national via Westwood One.
Hosted by Jason Hawes and JV Johnson, the show currently airs from 12am-2am
on Entercom owned talkers in eleven markets including Austin, Boston,
Charlotte, Denver, Kansas City and New Orleans. Originally a podcast,
Entercom launched the show on August 1, 2016. Jason Hawes is the creator
and star of Syfy’s “Ghost Hunters” television series and co-host JV Johnson
is publisher and editor of TAPS ParaMagazine.
Westwood One announced today that it has partnered with Entercom
Communications to nationally syndicate its popular Beyond Reality Radio
program, a two-hour talk show about the paranormal, launching on Monday,
March 6, 2017. The show is co-hosted by Jason Hawes, co-founder of The
Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS) and creator and star of Syfy’s
blockbuster hit Ghost Hunters, and JV Johnson, a long-time paranormal
investigator and former publisher and editor of TAPS ParaMagazine,
Beyond Reality Radio delves into the normal, the abnormal, the paranormal,
and everything that falls in-between, including pop culture topics. It
currently airs weekdays from 12 am – 2 am ET on 16 Entercom stations,
including KJCE/Austin, WRKO/Boston, WBEN/Buffalo, KEZW/Denver,
WSKY/Gainesville, WYRD/Greenville, WBZU/WKZN/WILK/Wilkes-Barre, KMBZ/Kansas
City, WWL/New Orleans, WBT/Charlotte and KNSS/Wichita. Westwood One will
roll out syndication to stations nationwide and represent ad sales.
“Beyond Reality Radio has been a hit with our audience since the show’s
launch in August,” said Pat Paxton, president of programming, Entercom
Communications. “This partnership with Westwood One is a great next step
to maximize the reach of our innovative programming and underscores our
commitment to developing and delivering best-in-class content to listeners
across the country.”
“At Westwood One we connect listeners to content they are passionate
about,” said Suzanne Grimes, Westwood One President and EVP, Corporate
Marketing for Cumulus Media. “Beyond Reality Radio opens up a national
discussion on ghosts, aliens, conspiracies – anything beyond our reality.
We’re excited to offer this perspective to our affiliates and advertisers.”
“We are excited about this partnership with Westwood One,” said both Jason
Hawes and JV Johnson, on-air talent, Beyond Reality Radio, in a joint
statement. “This is an incredible opportunity to reach more listeners and
grow our audience in a strategic and organic way.”
Hawes made paranormal investigation a mainstream, pop culture phenomenon
when Ghost Hunters premiered on SyFy in 2004 and became the channel’s most
popular original program, drawing millions of viewers each week. The TAPS
web site has 90 million visitors annually and Hawes has co-authored six New
York Times bestseller books. He is one of the most sought after experts on
the paranormal and has appeared on numerous TV shows, including Late Night
with Jimmy Fallon, The View, Today, Ellen, South Park and many others.
JV Johnson is a long time radio personality, radio station owner,
paranormal investigator and paranormal journalist. He is formerly the
publisher and editor of the world’s leading paranormal magazine, TAPS
ParaMagazine, as well as promoter and organizer of SCARE-A-CON – a
world-class horror and paranormal fan convention.
Each episode of BRR presents a real-time, interactive discussion about the
stranger side of life—including ghosts, UFOs, psychic phenomenon,
cryptozoology and more, featuring A-list guests from the world of the
paranormal, and engages with listeners through call-in, chat rooms, and
Facebook.
Learn more about “Beyond Reality Radio” at: http://beyondrealityradio.com

KTSR Lake Charles Flips To Classic Rock

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-classic-rock/

Townsquare Media CHR 92.1 Kiss-FM KTSR DeQuincy/Lake Charles has flipped to
Classic Rock Classic Rock 92.1.
The station has picked up Walton Johnson for mornings. Emily J remains in
middays from the previous CHR format, while Lonesome George takes
afternoons. KTSR was one of two CHRs in Lake Charles competing against
Cumulus Hot 103.3 KBIU. The new format takes KTSR up against Cumulus Rock
101 101.3 KKGB.
Meanwhile, the Kidd Kraddick Show moved from KTSR to KBIU as of today.
Cumulus Media announces that its Lake Charles Top 40 station, Hot
103.3/KBIU-FM is the new broadcast home for The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show.
The popular nationally syndicated program debuted on Hot 103.3 on Monday,
February 13, 2017, and will air weekdays from 5AM-10AM Central.
The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show is a family-friendly, character-based
reality show.*Every morning, The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show gang reveals
everything about their lives, making it a daily soap opera that listeners
won’t want to miss.
*
Elizabeth Blackstock, Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Media-Gulf
Coast, said: “It is so exciting to have Kidd Kraddick added within our
cluster. Hot 103.3 is your only place for Top 40 music in southwest
Louisiana and is the proud new home of Kidd Kraddick!”