RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   RadioInsight for Tuesday 28 February 2017 (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/230697-radioinsight-tuesday-28-february-2017-a.html)

RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin March 1st 17 06:36 AM

RadioInsight for Tuesday 28 February 2017

RadioInsight

Max Country Debuts In Frederick & Hagerstown

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...ck-hagerstown/

From RadioInsight

Manning Media has launched Classic Country Max Country on a pair of
translators in Frederick and Hagerstown MD.

Max Country is airing on 93.5 W228AM Frederick and 100.5 W263CR
Halfway/Hagerstown, both fed by 106.9 WWEG-HD3 Myersville. 93.5 W228AM
currently operates with 30w/151m, but has applied to increase to 150w/182m.
100.5 W263CR operates with 250w/70m.

The station is focusing on Country hits from the 1980s through mid 2000s.
It gives a direct format competitor to West Virginia Radio Corporations
95.9 The Big Dawg WICL Williamsport in the Hagerstown market.

The post Max Country Debuts In Frederick Hagerstown appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Larry Gifford: 7 Podcasts Helping to Make Great Radio

https://larrygifford.wordpress.com/2...e-great-radio/

From RadioInsight

The post Larry Gifford: 7 Podcasts Helping to Make Great Radio appeared
first on RadioInsight.

Dick Taylor: Relevancy

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2017/02/26/relevancy/

From RadioInsight

The post Dick Taylor: Relevancy appeared first on RadioInsight.

Island 106 Brings Jenn Ryan In For Mornings

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...ryan-mornings/

From RadioInsight

Magic Broadcasting CHR Island 106 105.9 WILN Panama City FL has named Jenn
Ryan as their new morning host starting Monday, March 27.

Ryan fills the hole created by Mandy Williamsons move to LM Communications
Hot AC Your 106.3 WCDA Lexington KY. She will be joined by incumbent
co-host/producer Jimmy Phillips.

Jenn Ryan has previously hosted middays at 95.7 The Vibe KCHZ Kansas City,
and mornings at 105.1 Jack-FM KCJK Kansas City, 98.1 WKDD Akron, and Kelly
95.3 KLLY and Big 96.5 KBKO Bakersfield. The addition of Ryan completes a
WILN airstaff revamp that included the return of Kato for afternoons to
replace Jason Tyler Leucht who joined iHeartMedia Hot AC My 99.5 KJMY Salt
Lake City and former intern Alexa Rodriguez for late nights.

Disclaimer: RadioBB Networks served as developer of RadioJennRyan.com to
assist Jenn Ryan in promoting her talents and services.

Its official, ISLAND 106 has a new Morning Show! Were bringing Jenn Ryan
in for wake-ups, beginning March 27th. She will join Jimmy Phillips,
formerly with Mandy in the Morning who recently departed for Lexington, KY.

Jenn has been a co-host with some great morning shows in large markets
across the US, including KCHZ and KCJK in Kansas City, WKDD in Akron, KLLY
and KBKO in Bakersfield, and she will be stepping up to the big chair (and
Mic), creating a completely new show from the ground up for Island 106

We asked Jenn her thoughts on coming to Panama City Beach, and she said
something about not wanting to say something nice about that a-hole PD Marc
Summers. We reminded her that her new contract required her to paint the
company in a positive light some cursing ensued, then she said Ive always
said I want to be the host of a morning show and now Ill be doing just that
on an amazing heritage station, Island 106! Thank you Marc Summers and
Misty Sims for giving me this incredible opportunity! I cant wait to join
the team at Island 106 and start waking up Panama City!

Marc Summers, Magic Broadcastings Operation Manager, and WILN PD, (who is
well known for his positive and cheerful attitude) added, What the hell do
you mean she isnt here for 3 more weeks.Fk that if she drives non-stop she
can be on the air tomorrow!

Fortunately, Magic Broadcasting General Manager, Misty Sims, is always
looking on the bright side, adding After watching Magic Broadcasting lose
half our staff to large markets over the last two years, its nice to see
the big guys paying it back. And what a great talent, too. Spend 5
minutes in a room with Jenn and two things are inescapable; Shes a radio
fanatic, and she wont take Marcs ****! Really, what more could I ask for?

The post Island 106 Brings Jenn Ryan In For Mornings appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Zach Van Lue Joins 91X San Diego For Afternoons

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...go-afternoons/

From RadioInsight

Local Media San Diego Alternative 91X 91.1 XETRA-FM Tijuana/San Diego has
announced the addition of Zach Van Lue to the stations airstaff to host
afternoons.

Zach most recently hosted nights at Entercom Alternative 107.7 The End KNDD
Seattle. He also spent five years hosting mornings at CHR 104.2 Nile-FM in
Cairo, Egypt. He fills the afternoon opening most recently held by former
Program Director Michael Halloran. Halloran departed the station in early
January.

XTRA-FM (91X) San Diego names Zach Van Lue as its new afternoon host from
3-7pm weekdays. Van Lue spent the last three years in nights at KNDD-FM
(107.7 The End) Seattle. In addition, he programmed, hosted and mixed the
Saturday night Electronic specialty show Subtronic End. Prior to his time
in Seattle, Van Lue spent five years with Nile FM in Cairo, Egypt, hosting
mornings and specialty radio programming.

It truly is an honor to be a part of 91X. I am right at home with the
history and heritage of this iconic station, which continues to pioneer the
future of Alternative radio and enrich the regions lifestyle, said Van Lue.
And living in San Diego doesnt suck.

Zachs diverse background, deep knowledge of music and digital aptitude make
him an ideal addition to the 91X team, added 91X General Manager Gregg
Wolfson.

The post Zach Van Lue Joins 91X San Diego For Afternoons appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Jackson Blue Takes Mornings At WKLB

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...mornings-wklb/

From RadioInsight

Beasley Media Country 102.5 WKLB Boston has tapped Jackson Blue as its new
morning co-host joining incumbent Hannah Byrom.

Blue moves from across the hall where he was hosting afternoons at sister
Rhythmic Hot AC Hot 96.9 WBQT and fills the slot created by Jeff Miles
departure. Prior to joining WBQT in January 2014, Blue spent eight years
hosting nights at iHeartMedia CHR Kiss 108 WXKS-FM, while also serving as
Music Director at 106.1 Kiss-FM KHKS Dallas and APD/Morning host at Z104.3
WZFT Baltimore while at Clear Channel/iHeart. He has also worked at 92.3
WGXL Lebanon NH and 96.3 WRZE Cape Cod during his career.

Blue also hosts the syndicated Party Playhouse and Celebrity Top Ten.

WKLB Country 102.5, Boston’s Number One for New Hit Country welcomes
Jackson Blue to the Country 102.5 morning show! Jackson is joining Hannah
Byrum, and waking- up listeners with Boston’s best country music and fun!

Jackson had been recently promoted from hosting Afternoon Drive on WBQT HOT
96.9 to his new co-host position on WKLB’s Country 102.5 Morning Show.

“It’s been my dream to wake up Boston, a city I’ve loved working in for
over a decade,” noted Jackson. “A big thank you goes to our Beasley Boston
Market Manager, Mary Menna, Beasley Boston, Director of Programming,
Cadillac Jack, and Country 102.5’s Program Director, Mike Brophey for
believing in me in this role on one of America’s most successful and
respected country brands. My co-host Hannah, Producer Santi, and I are
ready to make mornings fun!”

“I’ve had the pleasure of having a ‘front row seat’ to watch Jackson’s
growth over the past 15 years, and feel proud to promote such a talented
personality from within our Beasley Boston cluster to this key position,”
said Cadillac Jack. “Here’s to the success that Jackson and Country 102.5
will undoubtedly enjoy for years to come!”

“We’re so proud to have Jackson Blue on board at Country 102.5,” added Mike
Brophey. “Jackson understands Boston and the listeners. He brings his
energy and excitement to the show and he is already a part of our
community!”

The post Jackson Blue Takes Mornings At WKLB appeared first on RadioInsight.