RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   RBDS and RDS (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/28114-rbds-rds.html)

matt cook July 30th 03 03:22 PM

RBDS and RDS

If I have an RBDS capable device, can I recieve RDS signals?

Sven Franklyn Weil July 30th 03 06:04 PM

In article , matt cook wrote:
If I have an RBDS capable device, can I recieve RDS signals?

Yes. Different names for the same thing. I believe RBDS (Radio Broadcast
Data System) was the USA term for RDS (Radio Data System).

Most RDS-capable radios I've seen in stores are labelled simply RDS.

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

matt cook July 31st 03 03:17 PM

(Sven Franklyn Weil) wrote in message ...
In article , matt cook wrote:
If I have an RBDS capable device, can I recieve RDS signals?

Yes. Different names for the same thing. I believe RBDS (Radio Broadcast
Data System) was the USA term for RDS (Radio Data System).

Most RDS-capable radios I've seen in stores are labelled simply RDS.

There are small differences between RBDS and European style RDS, for
instance they use different codes for some of the genre categories.

I ask this because I plan to import an RBDS radio card, and there are
some Euro style RDS services here in Australia.