RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   NYC TV news simulcast? (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/28161-nyc-tv-news-simulcast.html)

NF August 22nd 03 09:47 PM

NYC TV news simulcast?

Just curious if there were any radio stations that simulcast the tv
local news in NYC?

Thanks.

Tom Betz August 23rd 03 09:08 PM

Quoth (NF) in :

Just curious if there were any radio stations that simulcast the tv
local news in NYC?

The closest you'll get is WCBS simulcasting 60 Minutes.

Of course, you could always tune waaaaay down to the bottom of the FM dial
and try to pick up WABC-TV directly...

CAndersen (Kimba) August 24th 03 01:43 AM

Tom Betz wrote:

Of course, you could always tune waaaaay down to the bottom of the FM dial
and try to pick up WABC-TV directly...

Um... The sound from Ch. 6 is available that way, not 7.

Sid Schweiger August 24th 03 01:43 AM

you could always tune waaaaay down to the bottom of the FM dial and try to
pick up WABC-TV directly...

Take 2.

The bottom of the FM dial is at 88 MHz. WABC-TV audio is at 179.75 MHz.

Sven Franklyn Weil August 24th 03 07:28 PM

In article , Sid Schweiger wrote:
The bottom of the FM dial is at 88 MHz. WABC-TV audio is at 179.75 MHz.

You can get Channel 5 audio if your FM radio's dial extends down
into the 70s.

Japanese FM is 75 or 76 to 90 megacycles (or so). VHF TV channels 1,
2 and 3 have their audio between 90 and 108. Japan uses the NTSC
system.

If you get one of those radios, you're in business. I used to have
one. It got stolen. :-(

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Mike Ward August 25th 03 03:08 AM

On 24 Aug 2003 18:28:47 GMT, (Sven Franklyn Weil)
wrote:

In article , Sid Schweiger wrote:
The bottom of the FM dial is at 88 MHz. WABC-TV audio is at 179.75 MHz.

You can get Channel 5 audio if your FM radio's dial extends down
into the 70s.

Japanese FM is 75 or 76 to 90 megacycles (or so). VHF TV channels 1,
2 and 3 have their audio between 90 and 108. Japan uses the NTSC
system.

If you get one of those radios, you're in business. I used to have
one. It got stolen. :-(

Then again, Radio Shack and other stores that sell radios have a
number of "TV Audio" models, both analog and digital, that cover the
VHF band quite well. I don't know if you can get TV audio in a car,
tho...and it's been a long time since I saw a "TV audio" receiver that
would pick up the UHF band.

Mike

Rick Dodds August 25th 03 03:19 PM

posted:

In article , Sid Schweiger wrote:
The bottom of the FM dial is at 88 MHz. WABC-TV audio is at 179.75 MHz.

You can get Channel 5 audio if your FM radio's dial extends down
into the 70s.

Japanese FM is 75 or 76 to 90 megacycles (or so). VHF TV channels 1,
2 and 3 have their audio between 90 and 108. Japan uses the NTSC
system.

If you get one of those radios, you're in business. I used to have
one. It got stolen. :-(

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Audio from American channel 5 is at 81.75 fm, while channel 6 is at 87.75.

FAZAMY September 6th 03 06:40 PM

If you position your rabbit ears accordingly, you can receive Hofstra
University's fm outlet on channel 6 if you live near the school..