RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   KTNS did not test (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/28213-ktns-did-not-test.html)

[email protected] October 12th 03 03:48 AM

KTNS did not test

Just got the following from Larry Gamble of KTNS...
---
KTNS AM 1060 unable to test Friday evening, October 10, 2003.
Cancellation due to unexpected studio maintenance. Currently doing
test. First test Saturday 10/11/03 Pacific standard time: 5:51 am,
5:55am and 6:06am. Will continue at ten minute intervals until 6:30
am. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please notify accordingly.
Larry Gamble, General Manager
KTNS AM 1060
---
I'm going to ask him about repeating the test this coming Friday
evening, so we have more notice.

Lynn.
Check out the IRCA Website at http://www.ircaonline.org

Larry King October 12th 03 05:08 PM

wrote in message
Just got the following from Larry Gamble of KTNS...
---
KTNS AM 1060 unable to test Friday evening, October 10, 2003.
Cancellation due to unexpected studio maintenance. Currently doing
test. First test Saturday 10/11/03 Pacific standard time: 5:51 am,
5:55am and 6:06am. Will continue at ten minute intervals until 6:30
am. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please notify accordingly.
Larry Gamble, General Manager
KTNS AM 1060
---
I'm going to ask him about repeating the test this coming Friday
evening, so we have more notice.

Not trying to start an argument (really!!) but ***why would a broadcast
station even bother with these tests, other than maybe nostalgia or some
sort of uber-techno-geekiness on the part of the Chief Engineer or GM*** ?

I don't have any problem with DX tests (in fact, they're kind of neat) but I
guess I'm asking what really motivated stations to start doing them way back
when ? Sheer curiosity ?

Along the same lines, how many broadcast stations respond to reception
reports nowadays ?

Just wondering......