Old February 19th 04, 08:18 PM
Chris Boone

Prisms?? What makes symbols sound like trash cans??? EEEWWWWWWWWWW
I took my Prisms out at my Dallas stations as soon as I could....and it
was much cleaner.....There are better ways to do it!

Chris

Royce Dean wrote:

Want it to crank? Put two Texar Audio Prisms and a Stereo Max in front of
the 8100. Set them properly, and it will crank!

Old February 19th 04, 08:18 PM
Chris Boone

Keith,
I take it the STL is composite? If it was L/R discrete I would suggest
running the Optimod out to the xmtr and do the processing there....
BUT in your case, it sounds like you need the XT chassis which is a 5
band compressor that works with the 8100 and was an option....may not be
easy to find, though...Personally, I like the audio quality of the
8100...rich and full....but you have no EQ control....you might want to
look at updating the Optimod internal cards and also adding the XT
chassis...that can make a noticable difference in air sound....
DO NOT put anything after the OPTIMOD though...also you do not want any
major COMPRESSION ahead of the 8100....it will fight the AGC in the 8100
and make the audio sound trashy....I HAVE used another processor ahead
of an 8100 but with the 8100 in BYPASS mode and only acting as a limiter
and Stereo Generator.....I had a 8200 at the studio and that fed a T1
and AES STL.....at the xmtr site, the L/R audio was picked out of both
paths and fed to the 8100 thru a relay switch.....thus the audio was
already processed...but as L/R I had to feed a Continental 802A exciter
which is composite only...so the 8100 was used in a limited mode...but
it worked! You probably need a audio EQ more than anything else ahead of
the 8100 if it is set up right.....that will get you tha' thump!!

If you need more info or if I can help more, sub wb5itt for nospam in
the return address of my email!

Chris
Houston Telecom
Houston, TX

Keith Anderson wrote:

The optimod is in the chain as follows:

!MUSIC! -- BOARD -- OPTIMOD -- STL Beamed to the transmitter.
Where the other STL is located.

I was advised perhaps I could do some audio processing on the
otherside of the optimod so it would go MUSIC - BOARD -OPTIMOD -
PROCESSING - STL. But to me, this sounds like trouble. And i think I
would have to convert composite audio into analog audio, and then back
again -- pain in ass, I'm looking for some good deals now on an aphex
compellor, donations always are welcome! HAH!

Thanks alot,

Keith

You've all been very helpful!

Old February 20th 04, 02:01 AM
Bob Haberkost

You obviously do not know how to finesse Prisms. I've had Texars blow the doors off
the competition, without overmod, and do so in such a manner that, when compared to
the original source, it was virtually indistinguishable from it.
--
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old June 8th 04, 12:24 AM
MIKLK

I believe WMC FM still has prisms as the main source of processing... and
even with all the mpeg compression the station still sounds better than
more... pre music on disk it sounded wonderful...

It wont matter what processing you use if you are feeding garbage into your
control board.