RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   Looking for custom printed mic windscreens (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/28284-looking-custom-printed-mic-windscreens.html)

Humpty Dumpty November 25th 03 05:53 AM

Looking for custom printed mic windscreens

Hey all,

My station is interested in getting our call letters printed on our
windscreens, instead of using traditional mic flags. My boss has seen it
before, but we haven't had any luck finding a place to do it.

Has anyone had this done, or know of someplace that does it?

TIA!

Sven Franklyn Weil November 25th 03 03:59 PM

In article , Humpty Dumpty wrote:

My station is interested in getting our call letters printed on our
windscreens, instead of using traditional mic flags.

I've noticed that the European broadcasters do that windscreen
printing a lot instead of printing the station name on the mic flag.

Maybe it's cheaper to print on a foam than it is on plastic?

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Steve December 12th 03 04:27 PM

In addition, mic flags tend to get scratched up rather quickly, so they
look like crap after a while. This is probably going to happen with the
windscreen too, but hopefully won't be as noticeable.

We got a new batch of mic flags in which the logos almost immediately
became indecipherable due to heavy use. We got clear plastic with
adhesive backing on one side, cut them to size, and -- voila -- you
can still make out our call letters.

-Steve