Old June 8th 04, 04:07 PM
misterfact

Default Post latest national talk show host LIES- here

I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Old June 8th 04, 09:30 PM
David Eduardo

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?

Old June 8th 04, 10:58 PM
ab1

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?

He's waiting for some station in his market to pick up Err America?

ab1

Old June 9th 04, 04:45 PM
Scott Dorsey

David Eduardo wrote:

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?

I heard that some of Art Bell's callers may not actually have been
captured by aliens like they claim.
--scott

Old June 9th 04, 04:45 PM
Michael Korman

"ab1" wrote in message ...
"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?

He's waiting for some station in his market to pick up Err America?

ab1

O.K. here we go:

l. "Styrofoam is bio-degradable" (Said by a national talk show host
in "rebuttal" to those who call for a ban on the use of styrofoam
packaging because the stuff ends up along the roadside and in peoples'
yards- mainly because the industry refuses to take meaningful steps to
promote recycling.) The host may have been paid for promoting the use
of styrofoam by lying about its properties.

2. "Dioxin is NOT a health hazzard!" (Yeh, sure! Neither is
breathing asbestos!)

3. In defense of S.U.Vs: "Detroit is now making fuel-efficient
S.U.V.s" (Yeh, sure! )

4. Just after the Rhode Island night club fire that killed all those
people-in reply to a caller: "Sir, that night club HAD MET ALL LOCAL
FIRE SAFETY CODES!"

5. "There is nothing that you or I eat that is on the endangered
species list!" (Yeh, sure- except Cutthroat trout, sturgeon, sockeye
salmon, key deer, oyster mussel and a few hundred others!)

6. "50% of our oil comes from Saudi Arabia." (The correct answer is
17%)

7. "Half the price you pay for a new car from Detroit goes to pay for
the health care plan of auto workers!" (yeh, sure!)

LOTS MORE TO COME. Talk radio is saturated with lies!

Old June 10th 04, 03:03 AM
David Eduardo

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?

I heard that some of Art Bell's callers may not actually have been
captured by aliens like they claim.

Gee, there goes my faith in mankind.

Old June 10th 04, 03:03 AM
Greg and Joan

Actually, my most favorite line from the late President Ronald Reagan =

"Trees pollute."

Old June 10th 04, 03:03 AM
Mark Jeffries

"ab1" wrote in message ...
"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"misterfact" wrote in message
I'll post about 50 of them here in the next few weeks.

Why not now?

He's waiting for some station in his market to pick up Err America?

Despite your cuteness, in case you haven't read, some independent
interpretations of trends show that Franken is *beating* Limbaugh in
New York and in the Chicago market before AA was pulled by
Multi-Cultural, the audience doubled to a 2.0, which may not be much
compared to WLS but is still better than *either* sports talk station
in town and in the neighborhood of the mid-rank numbers NPR station
WBEZ gets.

It's too early to tell, but Air America may just succeed despite all
of their bumbling.

Old June 10th 04, 03:03 AM
David Eduardo

"Michael Korman" wrote in message

l. "Styrofoam is bio-degradable" (Said by a national talk show host
in "rebuttal" to those who call for a ban on the use of styrofoam
packaging because the stuff ends up along the roadside and in peoples'
yards- mainly because the industry refuses to take meaningful steps to
promote recycling.) The host may have been paid for promoting the use
of styrofoam by lying about its properties.

Or, he simply may be stupid or just uninformed. I have not seen much of a
styrofoam lobby out there.

2. "Dioxin is NOT a health hazzard!" (Yeh, sure! Neither is
breathing asbestos!)

Stupid. Talk hosts are hired for entertainment value, not knowledge (witness
Dr. Laura, a physiotherapist).

3. In defense of S.U.Vs: "Detroit is now making fuel-efficient
S.U.V.s" (Yeh, sure! )

They are. There are several hybrid SUVs in pre-production stages.

4. Just after the Rhode Island night club fire that killed all those
people-in reply to a caller: "Sir, that night club HAD MET ALL LOCAL
FIRE SAFETY CODES!"

As to the building, apparently they had. The issue was with the pyrotecnics
of the band.

5. "There is nothing that you or I eat that is on the endangered
species list!" (Yeh, sure- except Cutthroat trout, sturgeon, sockeye
salmon, key deer, oyster mussel and a few hundred others!)

None of which have I eaten, now or ever. "You and I" could easily mean that
very few of us dine on sturtgeoun, venison, etc.

6. "50% of our oil comes from Saudi Arabia." (The correct answer is
17%)

Stupidity, not necessarily a lie. Most of the US' oil comes form domestic
sources, Canada, and Latin America.

7. "Half the price you pay for a new car from Detroit goes to pay for
the health care plan of auto workers!" (yeh, sure!)

Wrong, but not that far off. A huge percentage goes to fund pensions and
health care for present and past workers.

LOTS MORE TO COME. Talk radio is saturated with lies!

Or, simply, stupid hosts engaged in discussions on subjects they are not
fully informed on.

You are making too much out of small issues.

Old June 10th 04, 04:51 PM
Shawn Mamros

David Eduardo wrote:
"Michael Korman" wrote in message

4. Just after the Rhode Island night club fire that killed all those
people-in reply to a caller: "Sir, that night club HAD MET ALL LOCAL
FIRE SAFETY CODES!"

As to the building, apparently they had. The issue was with the pyrotecnics
of the band.

Actually, there were fire code violations. The most important of these
was that the stage walls had been lined with flammable packing foam as
a cheap form of sound insulation. Definitely against fire code; problem
is, the local fire inspector didn't notice it on the last inspection he
did there.

To bring this marginally back on topic... Among the many parties
being sued is a radio station which gave away tickets to the show.
(Never underestimate the ability of lawyers to go fishing after the
deepest pockets they can find...)

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu