RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   Current favorite radio stations (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/28734-re-current-favorite-radio-stations.html)

John Figliozzi June 11th 04 09:18 PM

Current favorite radio stations

I'm not sure that this is exactly what you mean, but you did mention
foreign stations... I'm assuming these are my favorites because I
listen to them most. I should add that I am not much of a fan of
domestic US commercial radio, which I find boring and narrow-minded.
US public radio is ok--some programs are excellent--but it does have a
tendency to sound rather homogenized at times.

1. Radio Australia (on shortwave & the internet) - because it gets
most of its content from the domestic public network ABC Radio
National, which to me is the finest "ideas" oriented network on the
planet.

2. BBC Radio (Radio 4, available on the internet; and World Service,
on sw, internet, satellite and local FM in some US cities) - because
it's the BBC (need I say more?)

3. Radio Netherlands (on sw, satellite and the internet) - because it
produces some of the finest radio documentaries in the world and
usually presents a unique perspective on things unavailable elsewhere.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY