RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   Sirius Online Password (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/28774-sirius-online-password.html)

Tony June 30th 04 05:32 AM

Sirius Online Password

I understand that you can if you subscribe to Sirius, you may listen
online. Does that include the news channels? I am interested in
subscribing. If anyone has this, please reply.

Thanks!

BigRadioFan June 30th 04 08:05 PM

On 30 Jun 2004 04:32:00 GMT, (Tony) wrote:

I understand that you can if you subscribe to Sirius, you may listen
online. Does that include the news channels? I am interested in
subscribing. If anyone has this, please reply.

No, only music. And only a muffled dial-up quality stream, no
broadband stream.

Most Sirius talk channels are actually rebroadcasts of AM/FM/TV
channels tho. So just go to the actual channel website and see if you
can listen free. For syndicated shows, visit one of the AM/FM
affiliate websites that stream.

Bob Haberkost July 1st 04 01:15 AM

"BigRadioFan" wrote in message
On 30 Jun 2004 04:32:00 GMT, (Tony) wrote:

I understand that you can if you subscribe to Sirius, you may listen
online. Does that include the news channels? I am interested in
subscribing. If anyone has this, please reply.

No, only music. And only a muffled dial-up quality stream, no
broadband stream.

Most Sirius talk channels are actually rebroadcasts of AM/FM/TV
channels tho. So just go to the actual channel website and see if you
can listen free. For syndicated shows, visit one of the AM/FM
affiliate websites that stream.

One of the reasons why the live streams aren't duplicated is because, as you say,
they're usually available on the show's or the service's website.

But I beg to differ on the music streams. They sound every bit as good as a
reasonably-fast MP3 stream. Not that I think that's all that good, but if you're
happy with MP3 or a 32kbps RealPlayer stream, it's okay. And beats shuffling CDs.
There must always be the appearance of lawfulness....especially when the law's being
broken.
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-