RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   Revamped Radio Free Europe woos Russian listeners (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/29158-re-revamped-radio-free-europe-woos-russian-listeners.html)

Rich Wood November 26th 04 03:22 AM

Revamped Radio Free Europe woos Russian listeners

On 20 Nov 2004 16:35:07 GMT, "Mike Terry"
wrote:

But the proposed overhaul, a copy of which was obtained by The Associated
Press, also includes plans to cut staff and "move the center of gravity to
Moscow" by dropping on-air references to Prague to give the impression that
RFE/RL is a local Russian station rather than an outsider.

In the US we'd call that a "move-in." The cut in staff is downsizing.
I never expected we'd have this much influence after the cold war as
we seem to have.

It also seems that whoever censors Russian radio has been in contact
with Li'l Powell.

Rich