RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   [RadioInsight] Double Joy On The Way To Orlando (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/304009-%5Bradioinsight%5D-double-joy-way-orlando.html)

RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin April 17th 21 10:14 PM

[RadioInsight] Double Joy On The Way To Orlando

RadioInsight

Double Joy On The Way To Orlando

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ay-to-orlando/

Not one, but two Joy brands will launch in Orlando on Monday.

As reported yesterday, Entravisions Spanish Tropical 98.1 Salsa y Más
WNUE-FM Titusville is dropping its format ahead of a new operator taking
control of the station. We expect that to be Radio Training Network to
launch its Christian AC The Joy FM network. The network, which is heard on
stations across Alabama, Florida and Georgia including Tampa where it is
currently tied for the market lead. The Joy FM is promoting a family
meeting at 7:30 on Monday.

The pending launch of The Joy FM is being countered by Z Ministries Z88
WPOZ Orlando. HisAir reports that WPOZ will rebrand as Joy 88.3 on Monday
at midnight with President/CEO Jim Hoge stating, Based on the success of
the brand in Tampa and St. Louis, it’s time we bring Joy to Orlando.

The battle for the Joy brand expands to digital as Radio Training Network
has also squatted on Joy883.com and .org. WPOZ has registered
FindJoyOrlando.com and .org, JoyOrlando.org and similar domains for its
Ocala properties.