RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   Broadcasting in the UK (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/65924-broadcasting-uk.html)

UKuser March 4th 05 06:02 AM

Broadcasting in the UK

Hi,

I am a new one to how radio works, and had a couple of Qs. Do the BBC
broadcast from their studio and then relay around the country the
message or is it sent by wires to the transmitters and then broadcast?

Also, with the event of DAB - even though this DRM is being developed,
do we know if the BBC is planning to therefore stop MW/LW broadcasts
and only use the DAB service?

Basic I know - but thanks for your help in advance.

Antony