Old March 20th 05, 09:00 PM

Default Podcasting

Any feedback on Podcasting would be appreciated at this point. My
public radio program is broadcast here in Arkansas and streamed on the
web live, but I recently have learned far too little about podcasting
to even know what questions to ask. My server techs don't even know
much about it yet. So my question is this...is podcasting the way to
add more listeners to my program and what is the best method to use to
get it done? I have a website for the program and I would like to give
listeners a link to each topic in the archive so all they have to do is
click on the topic and they could hear the program. Any comment?

Old March 21st 05, 05:41 PM
Darren

Any feedback on Podcasting would be appreciated at this point. My
public radio program is broadcast here in Arkansas and streamed on the
web live, but I recently have learned far too little about podcasting
to even know what questions to ask. My server techs don't even know
much about it yet. So my question is this...is podcasting the way to
add more listeners to my program and what is the best method to use to
get it done? I have a website for the program and I would like to give
listeners a link to each topic in the archive so all they have to do is
click on the topic and they could hear the program. Any comment?

If you currently have streamed audio making your broadcast available in a
podcast would take very little effort and potentially open your base to new
listeners. The following is a podcasting tutorial that makes things very easy -
http://www.feedforall.com/podcasting-tutorial.htm

In addition, once the podcast is created submit the feed to the list of
podcasting sites http://www.podcasting-tools.com/submit-podcasts.htm this will
increase the shows exposure.

Best,
Darren