Old June 16th 05, 05:56 PM
don ward

Default Is this legal-- Emmis vetoes a competitor's format change/flint peak

There are very few "other places." KXOL can not go up Mt. Wilson, nor can
it go south or East. It is pretty locked in, and Flint Peak, where it
currently is, is a great site.

If memory serves me right it was KUTE that first inhabited flint peak
in Glendale in the 1950s talk about a signal full of noise, even the
aircond when mic was live. They were one of the first backgroundmusic
stations that used 18khz trigger tone to mute receivers during
announcements. I think KRKD/Musicast was a pioneer in hi freg muting .

don ward