RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   IBOC (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/87188-re-iboc.html)

Radio Guy January 26th 06 05:49 AM

IBOC

To my knowledge none of the major operators signed contracts to install
C-QUAM.

But all of the major operators have signed binding contracts to install HD
Radio. Heck most of the majors are investors in Ibquity.

Each month more AM stations are going HD. I personally have turned on 6 HD
stations so far. Sounds great and really helps AM sound better.

"Mark Roberts" wrote in message
Scott Dorsey had written:
| Radio Guy wrote:
|
| You can cry all you want, but the decision has alrady been made.
|
| Isn't that what they said about C-QUAM?

I think you may mean, "Isn't that what they said about the Magnavox
system?"

--
Mark Roberts |"Nor was it the last empire to delude itself that the best
troops,
| political challenge." -- Geoffrey Parker,
| "The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road" (1972)
Permission to archive this article in any form is hereby explicitly
denied.