RadioBanter

-   -   SkyWave 2879ABTC... (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/100404-skywave-2879abtc.html)

I AmnotGeorgeBush August 3rd 06 09:50 PM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

From: (JSF)
Looks as good as the last one, why the

changes? Is there active bias? looks like it.

Still glad to see that there is someone that

cares about their work. The other amp makers
do very ****ty work and looks like it.

By comparison to this piece of ****? Man, no wonder you're -still-
embarrassed.
Learn about amp biasing then perhaps you can comment on the fraudulent
claims Griffey makes.

-

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
oups.com...
The new SkyWave amplifier project is coming along nicely. I'm buiding up
some prototype units for evaluation. This is one of them...
http://www.telstar-electronics.com/2879ABTC%20PCB.htm
-

Getting way up with real RF!

Katz August 3rd 06 11:52 PM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

JSF wrote:
Looks as good as the last one, why the changes?
Is there active bias? looks like it.

Still glad to see that there is someone that cares about their work.
The other amp makers do very ****ty work and looks like it.

While I commend you on your emphasis on 'quality', it's too bad you are
wasting your talents building 'CB' amplifiers. The amateur radio
community could use a source of quality 'legal' 160-10 solid state
amps.

73

Telstar Electronics August 4th 06 01:34 AM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

Oh no... the expert Mr. Bush has discovered me... and will expose me...
LOL
Go ahead... make me laugh George.

Slow Code August 4th 06 01:37 AM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

"Katz" wrote in
oups.com:

JSF wrote:
Looks as good as the last one, why the changes?
Is there active bias? looks like it.

Still glad to see that there is someone that cares about their work.
The other amp makers do very ****ty work and looks like it.

While I commend you on your emphasis on 'quality', it's too bad you are
wasting your talents building 'CB' amplifiers. The amateur radio
community could use a source of quality 'legal' 160-10 solid state
amps.

73

Hams would still be able to build their own amps if dumbed down licensing
hadn't turned them all into appliance operators.

Sc

Telstar Electronics August 4th 06 01:45 AM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

Katz,

Actually, about 80% of the amps that I build go to amateurs. This is
really not an amp for most CBers due to the premium price. Most CBers
buy strictly on price... and don't consider harmonic content or
reliability.

Clif Holland August 4th 06 02:29 AM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

Capability and ability are 2 vastly different things.

--

Clif

"Fast Code" wrote in message
t...
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 00:37:39 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Hams would still be able to build their own amps if dumbed down licensing
hadn't turned them all into appliance operators.

Hams can still build their own amps, FOOL. It's all there in Part 97
for those who can read.

LMFAO at the 'tard.

DrDeath August 4th 06 04:49 AM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, there will be a bi-color led on the front panel... green for
receive... red for transmit. As for the SSB delay... it's still
automatic like the previous model.

How is it automatic? I see no circuit that senses the difference between AM
and SSB and adjusts the delay time to compensate. You are just splitting the
difference in the time needed for the COR circuit to operate. It's either
going to chatter on SSB or lag on AM or possibly both. Amps have a reason
for selective delay and quite frankly it's not much money or trouble to add
this necessity.

Telstar Electronics August 4th 06 12:25 PM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

You are correct... there is one delay for both modes. As the designer,
my feeling is that a switchable AM to SSB delay is not necessary. My
experience has been that a reasonable delay can be chosen that is
acceptable to both modes. Actually, a slight delay in all modes has a
distinct advantage when the amplifier is mounted in a remote location
such as the trunk of the vehicle. It allows the operator to confirm
that the amplifer was pulled in on the last transmission by numbing the
receive (during the delay) for a very short time after the mic button
is released. Without this effect, the operator has no real way of
confirming the amplifier is operating to some level, since the relay
can't be heard.

Al Klein August 4th 06 01:36 PM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 01:08:37 +0000 (UTC), "Fast Code"
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 00:37:39 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Hams would still be able to build their own amps if dumbed down licensing
hadn't turned them all into appliance operators.

Hams can still build their own amps, FOOL. It's all there in Part 97
for those who can read.

LMFAO at the 'tard.

LMFAO at the one who doesn't understand the difference between "would
be able to", "can" and "are allowed to".

DrDeath August 4th 06 11:20 PM

SkyWave 2879ABTC...

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
ups.com...
You are correct... there is one delay for both modes. As the designer,
my feeling is that a switchable AM to SSB delay is not necessary.

As a consumer I feel it is a necessity.

My
experience has been that a reasonable delay can be chosen that is
acceptable to both modes.

I disagree. Maybe the average Joe Blow doesn't mind a slow AM delay or a SSB
that chatters, but I do.

Actually, a slight delay in all modes has a
distinct advantage when the amplifier is mounted in a remote location
such as the trunk of the vehicle. It allows the operator to confirm
that the amplifer was pulled in on the last transmission by numbing the
receive (during the delay) for a very short time after the mic button
is released. Without this effect, the operator has no real way of
confirming the amplifier is operating to some level, since the relay
can't be heard.

You add a LED to the remote switch tie it in with the COR circuit, problem
solved.