RadioBanter

-   -   Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty? (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/105176-cb-like-contest-see-who-can-make-their-radio-sound-most-shitty.html)

Ham Radio Buff September 23rd 06 02:03 AM

Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty?

That's what it seems like.

SC

sparky September 23rd 06 03:38 AM

Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty?

No it is just the operators that make it that way.
"Ham Radio Buff" wrote in message
link.net...
That's what it seems like.

SC

brian w edginton September 23rd 06 03:39 AM

Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty?

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 01:03:55 GMT, Ham Radio Buff
wrote:

That's what it seems like.

SC

I suppose that depends upon what sort of ****ty community you live in.
Where I live, with some exceptions. users tend to regard it as a
legitimate means of communication.

Of course, school holidays tend to drag the standard down, a bit.

Something to be said for radios with a parental keylocking system.

That said, my radio is turned off when I visit Sydney and Brisbane,
these days......wasn't , always, like that, though.

If this was a perfect world, we, probably, wouldn't
be in it.

james September 23rd 06 03:42 AM

Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty?

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 01:03:55 GMT, Ham Radio Buff
wrote:

+++That's what it seems like.
+++
+++SC

**********

yes

james

The Magnum September 23rd 06 11:54 AM

Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty?

"Ham Radio Buff" wrote in message
link.net...
That's what it seems like.

SC

Depends on where you live. If you live in a scumbag council house type area
then you will get the numbnuts on air. Try moving to a posher area where the
clientele are of superior breeding and move out from the trailer park..

By the way, I have heard all the undesirables have now gone to Amateur radio
thanks to that "farcical" Foundation Licence thing that most G licensee's go
on about so much. So may we, as a whole on CB, thank you for taking our
dregs away as CB, on a whole, is now much better...

Regards,
Graham
--
-.-. -... / .-. .- -.. .. ---

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73/51 - Graham, 26-Golf Charlie-19 (www.open-channel.co.uk)

BuNtEr September 23rd 06 01:04 PM

Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty?

It don't matter were you live, if you live in a so called bad area it don't
mean your like the bad eggs.

You get good and bad on the ham bands that hold full call lic.

. com...

The Magnum September 23rd 06 01:54 PM

"BuNtEr" wrote in message
It don't matter were you live, if you live in a so called bad area it

don't
mean your like the bad eggs.

No, but anyone with an inch of common sense will realise that living in
these areas, you will hear/see things that upset you whether you are good or
bad. If you live amongst council hose or trailer type people than that's
what you will hear on the local bands, especially CB.

73'
Graham
--
-.-. -... / .-. .- -.. .. ---

Conor September 23rd 06 02:12 PM

Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty?

In article , The
Magnum says...
"BuNtEr" wrote in message
It don't matter were you live, if you live in a so called bad area it

don't
mean your like the bad eggs.

No, but anyone with an inch of common sense will realise that living in
these areas, you will hear/see things that upset you whether you are good or
bad. If you live amongst council hose or trailer type people than that's
what you will hear on the local bands, especially CB.

Stupid arse. Are you seriously suggesting that CB signals suddenly come
to a complete halt at the border of the council estate?

--
Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

The Magnum September 23rd 06 02:15 PM

Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty?

"The Magnum" wrote in message
. com...
"BuNtEr" wrote in message
It don't matter were you live, if you live in a so called bad area it

don't
mean your like the bad eggs.

No, but anyone with an inch of common sense will realise that living in
these areas, you will hear/see things that upset you whether you are good

or
bad. If you live amongst council hose or trailer type people than that's
what you will hear on the local bands, especially CB.

73'
Graham

Or even Council Houses, apologies to any offended hoses out there :o)

Graham
--
-.-. -... / .-. .- -.. .. ---

Tom September 23rd 06 02:18 PM

Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most shitty?

"The Magnum" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

- --- - .- .-.. .-- .- -. -.- . .-.

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73/51 - Graham, 26-Golf Charlie-19 (www.open-channel.co.uk)

The problem is that people insist on opening CBs up and turning everything
in sight. It would have been better to make everything factory set. Now
all you get is vast overdeviation as people think a loud mic = distance
using FM. It's just a general lack of knowledge. Most of the interfence
caused years ago was by total idiots. They were not happy with 4watts on
27MHz, they wanted 8 watts spread across a few MHz eaither side and only a
few watts on 27 due to bad adjustment.
Fortunately most CBers are too thick to do even a simple exam. I did my
amateur exams some years ago when it was two exam papers and a 12wpm morse
code test.
All you get on the bnds are old people. You're better off sticking to
broadband, a mobile phone and MSN Messenger. Why confine yourself to
speaking to boring and often very sinister people with only a few interests.